Oil injection, Beta quality, fairly light weight, magic button. 

Hell, YES!! I'm going to buy one just because i've been waiting for an oil injected 2-stroke for so long. 

I for one, am excited about this offering.

• Like 2

Upon first glance, I think it's a cool bike. I like the oil injection, too. It's not the same market as the 300RR... looks like a fun bike, esp. for a newish trail rider.

• Like 1

Do you know what suspension it is fitted with?

RISV forks and shock. 43mm legs up front. To borrow a phrase from Jeep, it looks to be "Trail Approved".

This will be a great bike for a trail rider of shorter stature or a rider that wants a full-featured bike without the bark of a full-race 300. The power curve matches the 300RR on the low and upper ends, with the intimidating mid knocked down. There's still the adjustable power-valve and standard carb. It felt light to pick up, and is said to be some 30 pounds lighter than a CRF230.

Overall the bike looked very attractive.

• Like 2

How far have we came to think a $7000 bike is "entry level". I get the bike but let's face it not many entry level riders will buy it. This bike is perfect for the experience rider that wants/needs a second bike to ride trials like conditions. A CRF is 30lbs heavier but they are found on every corner for $4000 new and while not as nicely spec'd as the Beta it fills the need for "entry level" rider. Lastly Beta for the most part of the country is considered exotic which most people will not buy let alone a entry level rider.

The investment into this new category now with three or so brands is interesting. Now that Beta has the frame, throw a 250F motor into it. Seems like a gap in the line up.

• Like 1

I agree on the $7M entry level bike, but I guess I never thought that a basic goggle would cost upwards to $45 and a quality race goggle going for over $65 either. The Beta seems more like a step up from an entry level unit, prices in Ohio must be a heck of a lot better for new CRFs.

• Like 2

This is the exact bike I've been hoping to find. It ticks several of the boxes from the 2-Stroke Wishlist thread. I do wish I could get it for ~$5k, but that's just not the times we're living in. This is a niche-market bike from a small manufacturer, which makes $7k a darn good deal. I'd think that this fits very well as a tight single track toy with the ability to DS thanks to the oil injection. Keep a bottle of oil in your pack and refill at a gas station just like any other bike. Sure, the suspension won't be great for road-use, but for trail-connecting/adventure-riding, it's awesome.

• Like 2

This is the exact bike I've been hoping to find. It ticks several of the boxes from the 2-Stroke Wishlist thread. I do wish I could get it for ~$5k, but that's just not the times we're living in. This is a niche-market bike from a small manufacturer, which makes $7k a darn good deal. I'd think that this fits very well as a tight single track toy with the ability to DS thanks to the oil injection. Keep a bottle of oil in your pack and refill at a gas station just like any other bike. Sure, the suspension won't be great for road-use, but for trail-connecting/adventure-riding, it's awesome.

I dont know anything about those suspension components but I wouldn't be put off by the fact that the forks are only 43mm and the shock has a steel body.If operated in it's intended environment some inherent flex might just not be a bad thing.

• Like 3

Not everyone is an accomplished rider as yourself.

Funnies thing I read in a long time!  I already dumped $$ in to suspension and lower seat to compensate for my riding ability! and always ride gear higher to softer up power.  I dont think my 300RR was even revved yet!!!  Love my beta!

• Like 1

How far have we came to think a $7000 bike is "entry level". I get the bike but let's face it not many entry level riders will buy it. This bike is perfect for the experience rider that wants/needs a second bike to ride trials like conditions. A CRF is 30lbs heavier but they are found on every corner for $4000 new and while not as nicely spec'd as the Beta it fills the need for "entry level" rider. Lastly Beta for the most part of the country is considered exotic which most people will not buy let alone a entry level rider.

The investment into this new category now with three or so brands is interesting. Now that Beta has the frame, throw a 250F motor into it. Seems like a gap in the line up.

Enough entry level riders will buy it.. because I see some entry level guys buying the 250 and 300 rr for 9k and over around here...shipping is a bitch.. A brand new 2015 yz 250 goes for about 7 grand and that's an old bike with no estart, no rad fan, no 6th gear .  How much are all the other 300 2 stroke electric start bikes? plus their estart sucks compared to Beta.. What a grand to 1500 more? ..and we all know a crf 230 is a turd next to this bike and is it a 2 stroke? No...completely different class and super old technology.. good but old .  It's stupid to put a 250f motor in this frame.. How heavy would that be?.. and again. 4 stroke. ...not what is hot and marketable right now.Beta is a step above in it's 4 stroke line.. .plus Beta has the 350 and the other 4 strokes that all are easy to ride....To me that market would go to the guys who keep buying wrf250's over and over every year. So tell me do you think Beta will do well with this model or not? You make it sound like it wont ... Tell me what else is in this bikes class that would be comparable and how much do those bikes cost from other manufacturers?  It pretty much stands alone for it's category.. so what bike would you rather have for 7 grand and being a newer rider?

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

We don't know how the suspension is. It doesn't look bad. I don't think anyone knows till it's tried..It might be good. The 43 wp's on my gasgas 300 are good.. old style but good.. same as the ktm 200's of that same year I think ....Actually that is a cool thing being able to just go to a gas station with a 2 stroke.. street legal would be great.

I just feel the $7k price tag is a bit steep for an entry level bike.  That doesn't mean that it isn't the perfect scoot for an old, short, fat fart like me to ride gnarly, steep trails.  Entry level is $4-$5k so if you don't fit the dirt bike profile you can bail and not get hurt$$$.   Of course for an extra $k I can get a straight 300 RR get the suspension lowered and leave it in the soft map and still be able to rip when I visit wide open stuff.  :ride:

• Like 1

I just feel the $7k price tag is a bit steep for an entry level bike.  That doesn't mean that it isn't the perfect scoot for an old, short, fat fart like me to ride gnarly, steep trails.  Entry level is $4-$5k so if you don't fit the dirt bike profile you can bail and not get hurt$$$.   Of course for an extra $k I can get a straight 300 RR get the suspension lowered and leave it in the soft map and still be able to rip when I visit wide open stuff.  :ride:

I  think you are right.. but what else is there?..for 4 to 5 grand?  ..nothing.. To me it's get a used bike.. but if you don't want a used bike there aren't anything that's cheap. Try looking at the cheapest car out there.. or truck.. It's all way more expensive .. That's why I'm driving a 16 yr old van with no air.. my wife gets the good car. My money goes for my bikes.

• Like 2

We don't know how the suspension is. It doesn't look bad. I don't think anyone knows till it's tried..It might be good. The 43 wp's on my gasgas 300 are good.. old style but good.. same as the ktm 200's of that same year I think ....Actually that is a cool thing being able to just go to a gas station with a 2 stroke.. street legal would be great.

I can say that the stock suspension on my '13 250rr was not very good.   My KTM oc forks were leap years ahead, and I consider myself pretty numb to notice that kind of thing.   Nothing that $ couldn't fix though.  Hopefully the X Trainer is better, but less $ makes me skeptical there.

If it were street legal, injection would be a plus.  But since it's not, that makes the injector a future paperweight.

I still want one though! :)

I  think you are right.. but what else is there?..for 4 to 5 grand?  ..nothing.. To me it's get a used bike.. but if you don't want a used bike there aren't anything that's cheap. Try looking at the cheapest car out there.. or truck.. It's all way more expensive .. That's why I'm driving a 16 yr old van with no air.. my wife gets the good car. My money goes for my bikes.

ha ha my Italian bargain basement 2014 Husqvarna WR300 was $4,750 new and it came with a street plate from the factory. Good thing KTM bought up Husky. No more cheap (but deceptively good :blah:) brand new bikes. 

Edited by shrubitup

I can say that the stock suspension on my '13 250rr was not very good.   My KTM oc forks were leap years ahead, and I consider myself pretty numb to notice that kind of thing.   Nothing that $ couldn't fix though.  Hopefully the X Trainer is better, but less $ makes me skeptical there.

If it were street legal, injection would be a plus.  But since it's not, that makes the injector a future paperweight.

I still want one though! :)

How was it not good? What kind of adjustment did you do with it? My 13' 300 rr that I got from scotty worked great. I can't imagine what was so wrong.. but I'm guessing for one I'm a lot bigger and heavier than you. I'm figuring there would be some adjustment for you somewhere.

As far as this bike.. to me it should be great for you..and hawaii style trails.. talk to Joe. I bet guys will be putting their orders in.

ha ha my Italian bargain basement 2014 Husqvarna WR300 was $4,750 new and it came with a street plate from the factory. Good thing KTM bought up Husky. No more cheap (but deceptively good :blah:) brand new bikes. 

You were there at the right time and the right place for the closing out of a dirtbike company..That doesn't happen very often and I doubt it will come again like that with any companies I can see in the near future. You can't go wrong for the price.. I always wanted to try riding one of those.