Just read an email from my dealer.. 2 guys have money down on the xtrainers to buy already and he has a bunch more on order. He's getting the ttr type little beta too. I think all of them will be spoken for. I don't think he's even back from his mainland trip and he has a couple orders right after the unveiling. . Once the word gets out I think all of them will be sold very fast.To me these are an even faster sell for Hawaii type tight technical trails..I'm wondering how many more he might be able to get.

This is an exciting new bike! At least $2k less than what they are asking for ktm freeride 250r in my area(posted at $9.5k) and  seems to be a better bike. To compare this to a bike 30lbs heavier is not apples to apples. You will make up the price difference the first time the fourstroke grenades, nevermind the fact that no amount of money will get the crf as light/agile or believe it or not torquey.

It would be xtrainer for me,

Not arguing the specs but the marketing name given to it "entry level". When talking about an entry level bike CRF230 IS apples to apples. Many posted new riders will flock to buy it is a stretch, we the more experienced riders will be the ones buying. You must not have any experience with a CRF230 because you will never make up the price in motor repairs with a CRF230, never.

What Beta model is the ttr type?

Thnx

There is a little 125 four stroke that I think is street legal too.. It's like a drz 125.. It's a good little grocery runner or kid or wife bike..low and small. It's in one of these vids somewhere.. I gotta look but I think it's in the italian one with the girls at the motorcycle show.

The same motor that was/is used in the TTR 125 finds it's way into a "mostly full-size" street legal Beta package. It tooks some flogging but the little bike climbed every hill and conquered the same terrain as the full RRs at the dealer meeting last week. I've got a couple on order - one to leave fully-tame and one to hop-up as my get-around bike  👍

• Like 1

News flash! Beta has a new rider on the team next year riding the enduro cross series on this bike. She is not only a pro, she is smoking hot model material!

I can't wait to see her in action.

Edited by ballisticexchris
  • Like 2

Not arguing the specs but the marketing name given to it "entry level". When talking about an entry level bike CRF230 IS apples to apples. Many posted new riders will flock to buy it is a stretch, we the more experienced riders will be the ones buying. You must not have any experience with a CRF230 because you will never make up the price in motor repairs with a CRF230, never.

So give me another "entry level" 2 stroke 300 with electric start. for 7 grand .   You can compare a turd like a crf 230 but it just isn't the same at all . It's not in the same class and you know it. It's $8500 or so for a regular 300 2 stroke with electric start. Of course it's entry level. There is entry level mercedes and entry level chevy and the prices or the class  aren't the same.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

Beta USA is ecstatic over the signing of Morgan Tanke to their 2015 Offroad program. Tanke hails from Riverside, California and has turned heads this year in EnduroCross. Tanke continues to evolve as she transfers her trials talent onto a big bike and currently sits second in the EnduroCross Series. Tanke will race all of the EnduroCross races in 2015 under the Factory Beta USA tent aboard the all-new CrossTrainer, released at this year's 2015 Dealer Meeting.

Tanke stands with the Beta CrossTrainer at the 2015 Dealer Meeting.

Tanke, who won one EnduroCross and podiumed four times this year, awaits a new year aboard the Beta. "I'm really excited to be with Beta USA in 2015! The bikes are amazing and I can't thank them enough for this great opportunity!"

Tim Pilg, Beta USA Marketing Manager, commented: "We are delighted to have Morgan on our team. She is a fierce competitor and will be a great addition to our dominating team. We will be building her a special race bike for EnduroCross based on our recently introduced CrossTrainer. We want to show that the bike is capable and with Morgan at the controls we all feel this combination will be tough to beat."

Tanke will debut the CrossTrainer at the first EnduroCross in 2015. Stay tuned as Beta will announce the addition of one more rider for the 2015 EnduroCross series.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

So give me another "entry level" 2 stroke 300 with electric start. for 7 grand .   You can compare a turd like a crf 230 but it just isn't the same at all . It's not in the same class and you know it. It's $8500 or so for a regular 300 2 stroke with electric start. Of course it's entry level. There is entry level mercedes and entry level chevy and the prices or the class  aren't the same.

It may not be entry level for the average person, but for someone that aspires to ride a high end dirt bike such as KTM or Beta, it is perfect entry level.  

It may not be entry level for the average person, but for someone that aspires to ride a high end dirt bike such as KTM or Beta, it is perfect entry level.  

I think it still is entry level for the average person when a plain old 2015 yz 250 that is new goes for about the same money.. and it's inferior on a bunch of levels..

Look how much an old style honda 450x 2015 goes for.. These bikes are old.. They are 2015 but they are old designs that they are still cashing in on..  The reality is if someone is going to buy this type of bike it's cheap for what you get.. very cheap.. msrp is $7000. Really what else is even in it's class?.nothing.  

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2015-Honda-CRF450X-450R-113202708

• Like 1

11:33

Not quite. We'll be getting a kick/electric air-cooled 125 4T ... although the 125 LC would be nice! Torque curves for the CrossTrainer were shared at the dealer's meeting - the engines have been ridden, but in development form. 

Not quite. We'll be getting a kick/electric air-cooled 125 4T ... although the 125 LC would be nice! Torque curves for the CrossTrainer were shared at the dealer's meeting - the engines have been ridden, but in development form. 

Ahh.. so different engine and different bike for the air cooled 125 ?     11:33 ?..   As far as the crosstrainer to me it just means that there will be a variety of aftermarket pipes and mods etc to make it more aggressive etc.. especially since it's the same as the 300rr motor. So guys can change it into a more aggressive bike and still be a little smaller for those that rather have a small framed bike. That will be cool..so the down low torque is great but the stock 300rr is unreal anyway for off idle low end and hard enduro riding.. A bike with even torque even lower is awesome for extreme enduro stuff. I heard that the bike comes with a gummy rear tire.

• Like 1

As far as the crosstrainer...it's the same as the 300rr motor....

Do we know if the transmission ratios are identical to the 2015 RR (& not the Evo)?

MG_9946-300x199.jpgMG_9948-300x199.jpg

action2-300x200.jpgMG_9960-300x199.jpg

• Like 1