Please! Helpp Needed

How is everyone doing today. Pretty good i assume, Im doing pretty good too. So about a day in a half ago i was riding my ssr 125cc pit bike and it was fine everything was fine until i cut it off then when i went to start it back up it wouldn't start, But luckily i wasn't far from my house i was only in my back yard. So i called a friend of mine that knows a little about dirt bikes he told me the carb mite have went bad so he came over and gave me one of his carbs and i put it on and i changed the carburetor but now when i go to kick start the bike now the bike has very little compression and gas spits out of the intake on the carburetor. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1415115225.150784.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1415115303.079923.jpg

How did we go from checking spark to bent valve? Start with the basics first. FIRE/AIR/FUEL. Check those before you go pulling your motor apart chasing a "happened to me once" scenario. If you suspect your carb is bad (AFTER) you check for the threee majors, then look on youtube on how to clean your carb. Start with the basics and go from there.

• Like 2

How did we go from checking spark to bent valve? Start with the basics first. FIRE/AIR/FUEL. Check those before you go pulling your motor apart chasing a "happened to me once" scenario. If you suspect your carb is bad (AFTER) you check for the threee majors, then look on youtube on how to clean your carb. Start with the basics and go from there.

Thank you for replying to my post. Well to start i have changed the carb twice. and gas keeps spitting out every carb I've put on the bike. its getting air fuel, Not so sure about fire though so ill have to check for spark, But if its getting everything it needs to start where do i go from there?

Take the spark plug out leave it hooked up and either find a gullable friend or use the cooling fins to rest the spark plug on. Kick the bike over and see if you have spark. If no spark then new plug or start researching electrical system. I would want to know WHY gas is spitting out of the carb. That is not supposed to happen. Gas spitting out of a carb indicates the bowl is over flowing with fuel. You can hydrolock your engine if your cylinder fills with gas. But again stick with the basics first.

Take the spark plug out leave it hooked up and either find a gullable friend or use the cooling fins to rest the spark plug on. Kick the bike over and see if you have spark. If no spark then new plug or start researching electrical system. I would want to know WHY gas is spitting out of the carb. That is not supposed to happen. Gas spitting out of a carb indicates the bowl is over flowing with fuel. You can hydrolock your engine if your cylinder fills with gas. But again stick with the basics first.

So I've checked the spark plug and it sparks but sounds like its trying to start but still doesn't. So where do i go from there?

How would go about doing that ? And whats the worst case scenario ?

Check YouTube. Explaining how to do it will just further confussion and there are a few decent instructional videos on there for it. Basically on most horizontal pit bike motors you will have 2 inspection covers on the head. One top (intake) one bottom (exhaust) once there off you should just need a 9mm wrench to loosen the nut inside each, then insert feeler guages and with your fingers tighten just enough to feel friction when you move the guage then tighten nut back down and double check that your feeler guage still fits. Can't remember off the top of my head what size guages to use but its easy to Google.