Over 50 riders near Twin Lake that take it slow and easy (mostly, ha ha)

Well, yeah, after racing MX and hurting myself just a few times...I just picked up my first tame trail bike (XR) and was curious about similar riders in the area.  Maybe rides locally, or north, or whatever.  Probably more of a fair weather rider - like next spring/summer/fall.  Pretty nice yesterday but I remember riding a few years ago and slipping on oak leaves, ha ha!  

So, anyone fitting the general description and looking for riding friends let me know.  Also, I'm not against a little MX fun too. Just harder to practice anymore since they mix the old guys in with the young A-riders.  Getting roosted ain't as fun anymore!

• Like 1

Hello,

I, and some of my riding friends, are over fifty and live in West Michigan not too far from you.

We could be interested in linking up with you next Spring. We'd probably swing by your house and load your bike with ours, or you could caravan with us (we typically go up north a bit, an hour or so). Also occasionally riding near Twin Lake.

Respond to this message if interested.

Sounds good.  North is good.  I used to live in Sault Ste. Marie and we rode the Kinross trails.  Less sand, tons of single, and two-track.  I've only rode Cedar and Horseshoe a few times.  Both were pretty whooped and deep sand.  Anyway, I'll keep in touch.

I`m in too. I`m in the lansing area. Dam spring is a long ways off. I just packed all my gear up for the winter. Baldwin is one of my go to places to ride , but I have hit many trails over the years , and the U.P. too.

• 2 weeks later...

I am just south of Lansing and would like to do some rides in the spring. Tin Cup is my favorite so far.

I'm 55 from Hudsonville and still enjoy single track riding. It would be great to get together next spring and ride with people my age. I have property to camp on in Dublin if anyone is interested in a group ride.

Lots of options to ride from there.

I'll keep watching this topic.

Dennis

I'm an old 42, can I go? I've been MXing for years, but enjoy the woods more every year. I'm looking for guys to ride with off the track. I'm in Kalamazoo and need to learn where to ride as I've only done Baldwin in 91, and Benton lake in fall of 13, that's it.

A few people are responding, eh? An around 50 group? I see a few under. My sons are both 32 and they tire me out anymore. I'm really trading down and riding an old XR next spring. Like the original post reads - I'm in Twin Lake, right down the road from Horseshoe and Cedar (like throw a stone close. Back in 2001 I got wasted on a tree at Cedar and ended up in the emergency room. A few falls in MX. I'm totally slowing this down and still trying to have fun. I'm hoping to venture north again as we rode the UP a ton when we lived up there. Tin Cup sounds cool. Totally not against camping either.Pulling out the MI trail maps I got back in the 90's. Hope they still work. Just out of curiosity are there any MX'rs racing the vintage circuit? I restore Maico's.

I rode one of them 2 years ago , it was tight as hell , and whooped out too. Handlebars would not fit between half trees ! But it was fun. I have never rode on an MX track , just woods , no racing. Never had time when I was younger , but trail riding is how I get my fix. Lots of great trails to hit in are state.

IMG_0132.JPGIMG_0128.JPG.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Don`t know why they came out like that?

Edited by tjg53

How does the Ktm 150sx do on fuel?

Generally speaking I get from 2 to 3 hours on a tank (2 gallon) in the woods, depending a little on terrain.

It varies more on the track, one local track is pretty much beach sand and I've burned through a tank in 1 1/2 hours there.

Grinning the whole time, I love these small bores, keeps me on my toes...?