Havoline coolant? Or best coolant?

I noticed ALIL boil over today I think.. The right side of my frame had some on it and I saw no leaks! I think there's engine ice im there now and I read it freezes at 10 degrees and where I live it gets way below tht.. I'm working at. Hardware store tht sells havoline 50/50 mix... I can get it for 9 dollars a gallon but I wanna make sure it's good stuff anyone run it or here of it? I know you have to make sure it's good for aluminum use but I'm sure it's okay! Anyone got opinions?

If you let the bike get too hot, it will weep coolant from the radiator cap. If the radiator has a nipple for a drain hose, the coolant should come out the nipple (and hose, if installed). This should only happen when the radiator is so hot, you cannot place a hand on  it without getting burned. This can get that hot (270 degrees +) when riding too slow, letting the bike sit and idle. It depends on airflow (over 20 mph) to stay cool.

If you do not think the bike was actually overheating, have a cooling system pressure test done and have the cap tested. Caps do wear out.

Coolant, like oil, is largely based on myth and hype. You have an alloy engine, as such, your coolant should be made for that type of construction. Non-silica based. Depending on how cold it is, will depend on the ratio of coolant to water you use. More coolant (to a point) for more anti-freeze protection.

Coolant works by rapidly passing through small passage ways in the engine. Heat is transfered into the liquid. Then it passes through the small passages of the radiator and sheds the heat. Repeat. Plain water is one of the best materials for capturing and dispersing heat. Read your chemistry books.

If you let the bike get too hot, it will weep coolant from the radiator cap. If the radiator has a nipple for a drain hose, the coolant should come out the nipple (and hose, if installed). This should only happen when the radiator is so hot, you cannot place a hand on it without getting burned. This can get that hot (270 degrees +) when riding too slow, letting the bike sit and idle. It depends on airflow (over 20 mph) to stay cool.

If you do not think the bike was actually overheating, have a cooling system pressure test done and have the cap tested. Caps do wear out.

Coolant, like oil, is largely based on myth and hype. You have an alloy engine, as such, your coolant should be made for that type of construction. Non-silica based. Depending on how cold it is, will depend on the ratio of coolant to water you use. More coolant (to a point) for more anti-freeze protection.

Coolant works by rapidly passing through small passage ways in the engine. Heat is transfered into the liquid. Then it passes through the small passages of the radiator and sheds the heat. Repeat. Plain water is one of the best materials for capturing and dispersing heat. Read your chemistry books.

Do u think this havoline 50/50 will be okay? I have a race this weekend and just need to get some fast.. I know it's Prob made for cars.. But do u think it will have and negitive affects?

I was riding my 02 rm 250 today n I stoped and noticed where my vin is stamped on the frame I see like wetness on my frame.. It was a few drops of anitfreeze... How in the world can it get there n drip on my frame? Can it be a bad cap n leak out? I was also alittle low on antifreeze.. I looked at all tubs nothing's leaking or bad.. I'm so stumped... I have a race Sunday n want it fixed for then!

If you didn't spill any coolant on it I'd check the condition of seal on the radiator cap. Then check to see if the overflow hose is cracked or broken or missing.

Over flow hose still there seems to be in good condition. I rubbed my finger on the bottom of the hose to see if there was any coolant coming out and there was anti freeze on my finger... So it defiantly is boiling over... I think it was beacuse the little amount.. But I'm stumped how it got on my frame.. I didn't notice steam or anything. My only thought it a bad cap

Silicate based coolants are tough on water pump seals.

I think the leak I have is coming from my cap.. Thts the only place there is any antifreeze drops... Or old antifreeze has been sitting... Upur my finger over the over full hose and there was freah drops like right there still wet... So I'm getting new antifreeze.. I'm either trying engine ice or evens... And a new cap with alil higher pressure rating.. Mine now is 1.1 and I'm going to 1.4 with is like 20psi and 1.1 is 16 and I'm gonna try it

Simple answer to your simple question, yes basically any automotive antifreeze will work just fine in your bike, the Havoline is good. Don't buy into the hype of needing a specific type of coolant because you have a MX bike. Mix it at 50/50 or 70/30 depending on how cold your area gets and be done with it!