Trail ride a crf250r?

You'd have to take your height, weight, and skill level into account. Also, what kind of trail riding do you do? Single track? Hare scrambles? Enduro? It may be worth while to think about a trail specific bike like a crf250x. I've trail ridden 125 2 strokes as well and they're fun in the woods and don't overheat as quick as the 250f would. You have to work a 125 to make it go in the woods. It's a fun challenge

Ive actually had a 150f with only kick start. Survived with it the pat 2 years. Were tough times but i can put uo with it

The 150 is quite a bit lighter. Also depends where you ride and how strong you are. I'm in my 50's, small frame and not strong.  I've been perched on hillsides, off cant, with bike (250 trail bike) stalled out. No chance on earth I was getting to the kicker. Without the magic button I would have to let the bike roll down the hill.

Dude buy a crf 230! All the tq you will ever need! I own a 2013 250 that I race in harescrambles and a 05 230 that I ride around the house to keep the hours of the race bike. And it has push to start! The only thing I don't like the 230 for tight stuff is the bars are a bit wide. The thing that only really matters is if your havin fun it don't matter what bike you have!

had an 05 crf250 and she seemed to to fairly well in the woods. handled loos turns well and definitely had enough power for the trial, more than needed if your only used to a 150. it will be a big power change and weight difference, but lots of fun! the right tires and pressure can help alot for the trails to. have fun man!!

• 2 weeks later...

Im 6'0 and about 190 pounds. Ive been riding the past 2 years on a 150f. I ride trails around my house, they arent tight or technical. Just basically joy riding and lots of mud

How are you 6'0/190lb and ride a 150f?! YES! make the jump to the 250, you will become a better rider. I'm 6'0/170 and really only trail ride my 05' crf250. I love it. Stock gearing and it's great on hard single track and hill climbing. As long as you can handle it, making the move to a 250 will make riding easier. I'm moving up to a 450 after riding one on the same trails I ride all the time and the 450 made riding easier and faster for me. You will feel the same moving up to a 250f.

I've got 2006 CRF250R and I ride it on the trails. I actually don't even race. but I'm looking into some arena cross that just started up. anyways the bike handles just fine on trails. its lighter than other bikes. I think its actually almost 20 pounds lighter than my gf's xr200 I've had no problems on anything I've ridden yet. the only downside is the kick start. my buddy who I ride with has a Yamaha 250 dual sport and he's got the electric start which I get jealous of. But if you have no interest in racing id suggest the X or the L. but you'd be just fine with the R also

• Helpful 1

I've got 2006 CRF250R and I ride it on the trails. I actually don't even race. but I'm looking into some arena cross that just started up. anyways the bike handles just fine on trails. its lighter than other bikes. I think its actually almost 20 pounds lighter than my gf's xr200 I've had no problems on anything I've ridden yet. the only downside is the kick start. my buddy who I ride with has a Yamaha 250 dual sport and he's got the electric start which I get jealous of. But if you have no interest in racing id suggest the X or the L. but you'd be just fine with the R also

The kick start isnt a problem for me as if lived with just a kick on my 150f for the past couple of years

• 2 weeks later...

On my R it was terrible to ride with front stock suspension even after oil change ( 5w) ...after swapping the fork springs from an X model and with putoline hpx 2.5w became just wonderful...dam good bike....

PS- don't forget to put a heavier flywheel ... This way will you will have a superb bike for trail