2003 CR250 Flywheel Weight

I just purchased and 03 CR250 to add a two stroke to my garage. I have ordered a Lectron carb, springs and suspension stuff to set it up. I am taking at the end of the week to JMD Pro Porting to get the squish set and porting done. I have a question about whether or not to get a flywheel weight. I am new to two strokes, main ride is an 11 yz450f. I am looking at an 8 oz flywheel weight to make the power of the bike more trackable. Is the heavy enough to see a difference? Ride mainly mx tracks with some wood play riding. I want the CR250 to be fun all around bike.

Edited by JLB943

I bought a 7 oz. FWW for my '03 CR250 about a year ago and was happy with it, then I recently did a whole clutch rebuild and went with all steel clutch plates which added even more weight to the inertia and feel I don't even need the FWW anymore. Then again this is my first smoker and in the past year have gotten more used to riding it more like a smoker should be ridden.(on the pipe!!) IMO steel clutch plates are the way to go, more durable, less pollution in the tranny oil, added weight to the bottom. I'm even thinking of taking the rear sprocket down a tooth from 50T to 49T.

• Like 1