Riding tips

Hey everyone, I have a list of different techniques I try and work on. Heres the list, any other major things you guys think I should add or even take away?

-Keep Back square with bike

-Keep Elbows up at all times

-Keep Head above bars

-Wieghting outside peg during corners

-Land leaning forward and on the gas

-Stand as much as possible

-Avoid braking in corner

-Let bike lean down farther then you in corner

-Look where you want to go not where you are

-Push off pegs to stay in the front of the bike.

Keep in mind im not that fast been riding for around 8 years and have just decided to start racing next year...

• Like 1

That's a pretty good list.  I'll add -Get your inside corner leg way UP / forward; don't let it just dangle off the peg.

One of the things I find helpful to me and my son (who I swear has ADD ha ha) is to only focus practicing on one skill / technique at a time.  I will usually pick one thing that I see when he rides and say "next session out, practice only THIS".

That's a pretty good list. I'll add -Get your inside corner leg way UP / forward; don't let it just dangle off the peg.

One of the things I find helpful to me and my son (who I swear has ADD ha ha) is to only focus practicing on one skill / technique at a time. I will usually pick one thing that I see when he rides and say "next session out, practice only THIS".

Haha, I completly agree with learning one tip at a time ive tried to focus on a few at a time but its just to much to remember while riding. Ill be sure to add your tip in there thank you.

• Like 1

Not sure if you only ride on the track, but the best advice I received for woods riding is:

-Grip the bike with your knees.

-Look far ahead, not 6' in front of the bike, the faster you ride the further ahead you must look.

Like I siad I mostly ride track but it seems like the tips you gave would apply to both. Thank you