Forgotten sport of mine

I am 5 feet 11inches 160pounds. I stopped riding a few years ago due to taking a couple other sports more seriously. Im buying a new bike and i want some help picking one out. The last bike i had was a ttr 110 no clutch. I want a bike that is good in the trails and is also a good track bike. Something that can handle decent sized jumps. I was very stable and aggressive on the older bike. Thank you.

4 stroke or 2?

upgrading your going to be using a clutch, will take some time getting used to using it.

4 stroke i would say look at 250's, good bikes to start out on again. basically pick a color and a year, post here what you find, some years are terrible for mechanical stuff.

2 stroke i would say a 125, same as above.

4 strokes are easier to run (no mixing oil) but can cost a ton more for repairs (depending on what it needs), also not for new to mechanics (not easy to fix yourself)

2 strokes need properly mixed fuel and requires highest octane you can get (usually 91 or higher) also is pretty new mechanic friendly (easier to repair) and generally cost less to fix (depending on what it needs)

Cr 500 AF

Or any 125-250 2stroke

good advice... put him on a 500... ?

• Like 2

4 stroke or 2?

upgrading your going to be using a clutch, will take some time getting used to using it.

4 stroke i would say look at 250's, good bikes to start out on again. basically pick a color and a year, post here what you find, some years are terrible for mechanical stuff.

2 stroke i would say a 125, same as above.

4 strokes are easier to run (no mixing oil) but can cost a ton more for repairs (depending on what it needs), also not for new to mechanics (not easy to fix yourself)

2 strokes need properly mixed fuel and requires highest octane you can get (usually 91 or higher) also is pretty new mechanic friendly (easier to repair) and generally cost less to fix (depending on what it needs)

good advice... put him on a 500... ?

Awe cmon that 500 would be peerrrrfecccttt!

125-250 2strokes I stay away from 4 strokes anymore!

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1415373413.173585.jpg how about this 2006 yz 250

Great bikes.. Looks fairly clean. But I'd take someone with you who knows a bit about them. Make sure that chain is good. If not, what else have they neglected? Air filter needs to be checked too. How many kicks does it take to crank it? Shouldn't be more than 4 or so at the most if it hasn't been sitting long

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1415373413.173585.jpg how about this 2006 yz 250

Also if it's fairly clean 2000isnt a bad price

I was in a similar situation, I hadn't been on the bike in 10 years though...

Went with a 250 (280) XCF and I made the right choice, its nimble, great through the woods (suspension has been done as well), the bike is confidence inspiring...

First ride...

your lucky...my first ride in a few years ended up in more oops moments...damn those Bermuda triangle mud holes...... ?