Hi, looking at doing some upgrades to my 2013 CRF250L.Thinking FMF Powercore 4 exhaust and EJK fuel controller. Any advice?

Welcome to the forum.  I say "Go for it".  Take a look around this forum, there are gobs of threads on mods to our 250L.  Go for the 13 tooth countershaft sprocket.  Cheap and makes a big difference in get up & go power to the ground.  After that, it's your choice and pleasure where you go.  Enjoy your ride!

• Like 1

I started a thread regarding aftermarket exhausts + whether or not they were worth the money – it was VERY helpful, check it out https://thumpertalk.com/topic/1082527-aftermarket-exhausts-–-worth-the-money/

It'll cover most of what you need in terms of opinions/suggestions + because I was a complete newbie at the time, the responses were/are very detailed + explanatory. Mind you, it's pretty specific to exhaust packages (which seems like that's the route you're considering) so if you're looking for footpeg/handlebar/etc ideas, might want to look into other threads – which are available here as well. Have fun. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the for the info guys. Aavani I have already gone to 13/42 sprockets.was too high geared for the bush. This setup gives me a couple of gears for rougher stuff.Waiting for SpeedoDRD to arrive. Been nearly 4 weeks to get to Aus????

Just had a look your link dLeo. USA sites are cheaper but freight and exchange rate kills it for us here in Aus. Do the header pipes much much difference to performance, I am ok with the power its mainly the postie bike (CT90) noise that I want to change.

Also would the FMF Powercore 4 not be to loud for road use?

Thanks for the for the info guys. Aavani I have already gone to 13/42 sprockets.was too high geared for the bush. This setup gives me a couple of gears for rougher stuff.Waiting for SpeedoDRD to arrive. Been nearly 4 weeks to get to Aus????

I am running 13/40, and feel like I am flying through the gears. What are you using?

I'm not sure what the "value" is of just the slip on muffler without the header. More noise, "better" sound and a marginal increase in performance for $500ish (header+muffler). The EJK for $200 with free air box mods is definitely worth it. I'd try that first if I was you, and do more research on the header/muffler for its value proposition. Don't forget to include some time/$ for repacking the muffler from time to time.

Edited by UtahPaul

I use it as work commuter so I have 13/42. Still gives you good top end speed and you can use the stock chain. about 7000rpm at 105Km/h (65mph).

According to gearing commander.com the stock bike (14/40) is 6602 rpm @ 65mph, with 13/42 gearing that increases to 7465 rpm.

I'm not sure what the "value" is of just the slip on muffler without the header. More noise, "better" sound and a marginal increase in performance for $500ish (header+muffler). The EJK for $200 with free air box mods is definitely worth it. I'd try that first if I was you, and do more research on the header/muffler for its value proposition. Don't forget to include some time/$ for repacking the muffler from time to time.

I don't think a slip on (or full system) is such a bad idea if you have the spare cash.  The weight reduction is nice, and many of them look neat.  I have seen a ton of mods that are purely cosmetic. I would eventually like to have a full exhaust on my bike, but I am saving to get other things first.

I was trying to address performance gains and cost. I've done the EJK and air box mods and to me it's a great deal for $200. I'm on the fence regarding the pipe/exhaust, not for the cost, but for the increased loudness. I don't care about looks or losing 5 pounds, or so, of weight. I'll wait until I can hear it in person before I buy.

Edited by UtahPaul

i mentioned in my thread that the sound may be slightly louder with the aftermarket kit but it's a 'nicer' louder (to me), if that makes any sense – I got the Q4 w/powerbomb. It's more throaty + less hissy/buzzy. Not that it sounds like a harley but imagine a harley vs a pitchy weed-whacker – the harley is louder but less piercing. It's not a deafening difference + you'll get get used to it. I mean the fact that most of us ride with mx helmets/googles + no windshield – the wind makes the most noise + cancels most differences between stock + aftermarket. And I've found that once you're revving high enough, the throaty 'braaaaaap' sound of the aftermarket diminishes + begins to hiss/buzz similar to stock anyways. haha, that's why I like to give it a couple blips when stopped at lights – make me feel like I'm lining up at the starting gate. Don't shame me, I'm sure some of you guys do it too. haha     

• Like 1

I don't think a slip on (or full system) is such a bad idea if you have the spare cash.  The weight reduction is nice, and many of them look neat.  I have seen a ton of mods that are purely cosmetic. I would eventually like to have a full exhaust on my bike, but I am saving to get other things first.

Suspension is the best and most important and should be the first mod to do ....  :prof:

I have about every mod you can think of ...  and if I had to remove them one by one .... my Race Tech suspension would be the last to go ....  :ride:

Just had a look your link dLeo. USA sites are cheaper but freight and exchange rate kills it for us here in Aus. Do the header pipes much much difference to performance, I am ok with the power its mainly the postie bike (CT90) noise that I want to change.

Also would the FMF Powercore 4 not be to loud for road use?

welcome to the forum, nice to see another Aussie.

check out my vids on sound comparisons. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWLjCgBUv04