Difference between a yz450f and a wr450f

I want to supermoto my 09 yz450f it's build port polished head 13.5:1 piston stage 2 cams also have stage one in the self Rekluse clutch and a bunch of odds and ends I want to street legal it I know that the WR has a different stator possibly and a battery and obviously lights and ignition but is there anything motor wise that is different that make them more reliable and dependable at steady rpms! Just want to know if my engine can handle that or will it be a high maintenance high school girl not looking for any negative feedback just what you guys know about the difference between the two thanksImageUploadedByThumper Talk1415382576.632188.jpg

I want to supermoto my 09 yz450f it's build port polished head 13.5:1 piston stage 2 cams also have stage one in the self Rekluse clutch and a bunch of odds and ends I want to street legal it I know that the WR has a different stator possibly and a battery and obviously lights and ignition but is there anything motor wise that is different that make them more reliable and dependable at steady rpms! Just want to know if my engine can handle that or will it be a high maintenance high school girl not looking for any negative feedback just what you guys know about the difference between the two thanks ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1415382576.632188.jpg

Yea lights so stator. Also a wide ratio trans. So you will have a higher first gear.

The WR just makes a bit of a better street machine for those reasons. Reliability wise you should be fine with the YZ. Just change the oil every three to four good rides.

I had an 07 WR and now an 07 YZF.. Big diff in how it rides.. WR feels like a pig! Yzf has much better suspension too. I had YZ cams and a pipe on the WR and it still felt like a slug from the extra weight .

On the YZF I split the cases and put a WR 1st and 5th gear set in, and a Ricky Stator for a light. Powers a 30w light bar no problem. Put a small capacitor and rectifier under the gas tank, added only a couple ounces, and maybe a lb or two for the light. Ill put turn signals and a brake light on as soon as i take the track off next summer.

WR gears and Ricky stator are crucial, otherwise you will have to be geared to the moon to keep the rpm down on a stock yzf gearbox. Check out KUSH sprockets for sumo tires, or a RAD cush hub. Easier on the gearbox

I rode my WR all over on highway, few thousand miles slabbing no problem, trails same day. I swapped to 15T CS sprocket for long slab runs, otherwise 13t if I kept off the freeway. I had to shim the valves once in 240+ hr, they were barely out of spec from factory.

Edited by n16ht5