cr 500 vibration

Looking to control vibration on a cr500 ....we had the crank balanced at Crank Works but I am thinking we may need to add

a counter balancer....anyone know of a kit?  Any advice?  it shakes so bad the fuel is bubbling and leaning out....lectron carb with the big bowl

Edited by outlaw kart

How old are your crank bearings? Crank Works is a reputable company, so I'm assuming they did the job correctly. Technically, you can't balance  a single cylinder motor. BUT you can "tune" the crank to vibrate less at X amount of RPM. No matter what you do though, it's going to vibrate considerably more than any other smaller displacement bike out there; it's just the nature of the motor.

How old are your crank bearings? Crank Works is a reputable company, so I'm assuming they did the job correctly. Technically, you can't balance a single cylinder motor. BUT you can "tune" the crank to vibrate less at X amount of RPM. No matter what you do though, it's going to vibrate considerably more than any other smaller displacement bike out there; it's just the nature of the motor.

I understand it is the nature of the beast....just exploring ways to reduce eliminate the amount of vibration. Motor makes killer power but the vibration causes so many bubbles / air in the bowl that it leans out and sticks pistons. I agree crank works is very reputable just put that in there so you knew we did the balancing correctly....which brings me to my original question of using a counterbalance as this should in theory smooth out at least some of the vibration. Does anyone make a kit. Billet cases etc. don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone has already suffered through the r&d. I would rather just pay them. Any ideas? This would be a great after market product for cr500 folks.

I've never had an issue with fuel frothing. To my knowledge, there is no counter-balance kit available for the 500. Hop over onto cr500riders.com ,you'll get more advice than what I have to offer (I'm there under the same username). Make sure to introduce yourself first, before posting in the tech forum  👍