exhaust advice

Yes, another exhaust question.  I asked this question on someone elses thread before but didn't get too much responses.  Right now I got a Yoshi TRS full exhaust but lately the db level is just starting to irritate me.  I have been contemplating switching out to a FMF Q4 with header.  Lately I've been thinking about it more and more.  The only thing stopping me is do I really want to drop $500 bucks for a new exhaust system when I already got one?  What do you guys think?  You think there would be a drastic change with power?  But most of all what would you guys do?  Any other exhaust suggestions that give decent power with minimum noise? 

My recommendation, and you might not like it, but wear ear plugs. Some people don't like the idea of wearing earplugs, thinks its too much of a hassle, but really once you get used to it, you won't wanna ride without them. It kinda makes it like riding in a car with the windows up, peaceful, toned down the craziness a bit, the wind noise, loud traffic sounds, and the exhaust sound is enough to make anyone go a little mad. I would never sacrifice the performance of my bike for a minor annoyance, find a way to handle the annoyance. Give it a shot, you'll be glad you did.

You could make a cork out of a washer. More restrictions= less noise, less power( generally) but most importantly more retained heat. The quiet insert fir my Mrd z pro made a big difference up top in so far as loss of power and massive amounts of retained heat. I go easy on the throttle when I can to reduce noise, and if its a long ride I wear sure stage monitor ear buds. They drop ambient like 20+ db and I have tunes or two way radio to use.

Noise sucks And.... I wish there was a light, quiet miracle pipe that retained all performance. Q4 is best bet, it made my buddies yz400f quiet as or quieter than a stock drz.

Edited by BLKRAWB
  • Like 1