Subframe bolt threads (top)--anyone else need to repair this?

I assume this is pretty rare--the threads for the long single bolt that mounts the subframe are clearly giving way on my bike (the threads in the subframe, not the bolt itself).  The torque specification in the manual is 23 ft lbs, but I'm not going past 15, as it just "feels" wrong, and I can see some thread damage when I look inside.

If anyone else has had this problem, how did you repair it?  I don't have helicoils in that size right now, but that's what I was thinking.  Other options?

Chase the threads with a good tap (if you don't have a tap and die set, you can usually rent one from an auto parts store for a few $$), use a dollop of blue (shearable) Loctite on the threads and just snug the bolt instead of trying to torque it. I have always tightened those with nothing more than a firm wrist twist on a T handle, not came loose yet.

Edited by OLHILLBILLY

I had one side strip out completely. Attempted to repair, but up drilling and tapping out for the next size up. Afterwards I was a little nervous, but several months later, no issues. I just make sure to check them every ride now