WOULD STUDS WORK FOR THIS? (PICS)

monk think they would work good on the 50/50 trail wings that come stock on the drz400s?

I never felt the trail wings were that bad...

Are you planning on making studded tires? There is not enough knobbie meat to make them work. Grip studz work but generally require a taller knob. You could bolt carbide studs in but a lot of effort and time is needed for that. I would recommend a full knobby regardless. With studs you CANNOT ride on asphalt if that's what you're planning in your 50/50 mix...

I've heard (and I could be 100% wrong) that you can no longer buy new Trellaborgs unless someone has them lying around. The manufacturer does not make them anymore...

I believe the trellborgs are now sold under the "mitas" name and you can still get them new.. they were around $300+ a tire last i saw.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now you guys just need a ski like me an you can do even more fun stuff like carving and stuff. Its an absolute blast! I love it. I dont have studs yet but i will soon. 2 1/2 feet of snow doesnt stop this pig no more and thats studless! Imagine it with studs... Unstoppable.

Xr600r

The first pic is what it used to look like. The second pic is what it looks like now just without the ski, same bike.

1420751655417.jpg

1420751704172.jpg

1420751720306.jpg

Edited by PigsCanFlyTooYouKnow
  • Like 1

What's the source for the ski? Love to try one...

Barrowed the ski off my ma's race sled. Yea my mom drag races sleds, cool eh? (skidoo mxz 500) the mounts 2x4's painted blue so it didnt look as gay. Lol. It was a prototype which initially worked then i got careless jumped it and broke it then fixed it again... Now im working on welding up a metal version. Wood version was just to see if it was even cool riding it in snow before commiting to the build. Worked very well just designing the metal version kind of obsverving the timbersled ski's and other peoples wonderful creations. Will definetly be making a post when its all said and done so keep an eye out this winter, i gotta fix my car and the kickstarter slring before i mess with the ski any longer unfortunatly... Edited by PigsCanFlyTooYouKnow