Transition to big bikes from 85

Hi there. I've been competing at national level in the 85 big wheel class (here in the uk) and I'm making the transition to big bikes. Today at a a fun meeting, I rode a crf250 and yz 125 with plenty of mods. The person I shared the crf with said it doesn't matter if it blows as it is being fully rebuilt. It was wet at the start if the day but I didn't notice a difference in grip compared to a 2T. Also the power felt really weak throughout the rev range. Sure enough after the 1st race the valves were rattling and didn't want to risk it.

I missed the 2nd race due to not having a bike to ride.

In the last I borrowed a yz125 with a ton of mods to be a yz200. The power was great I slight flick of te clutch and it was a rocket ship but very manageable. My front end washed out near the end which no matter what big bike I've ridden the front end is untrustworthy. Probably help riding a bike with suspension for me but I was only slightly off on the weight of the bike owner.

The power is really easy to manage although I have good experience with other bikes as I've ridden since 50's.

The weight didn't feel any different when you got going but you felt it near the end.

Hopefully when I get a 125/150 over the winter and get it setup I will be plenty confident.

Thanks for reading this quick review of the mini-->bigbike transition.

Jake.