Shim restackor

Hello.

Just joined the site and there's some brilliant info on here.

I've just purchased restackor pro but I'm really struggling to use it.

Reading the user manual on the site just baffles me more.

Can any one simplify it for me?

I under stand the shim size input and most of the piston input

What's the minimum information need to get it to work?

My graph always starts too far along the radius axis and I can't the the shims bend at the end?

They start at 0.25 when I want them to start at 0.15 so I can see the whole shim.

Any help would be much apreshated

Thanks

Mitch

Can I get away with just entering the shim configure and valve geometry to get it to work?

I'm not sure what you're asking here.  You need to input everything, it uses everything on the sheet to calculate the damping.  Some things are more sensitive than others, but you still need to enter it all, or at least get close.  You can't leave anything blank.

So do I have to enter all the aux and reservoir presurization data aswell?

The one you need for the fork/shock you try to simulated. The other aux have to be set at 0.

For oil numbers you can use that https://transmoto.com.au/comparative-oil-weights-table/

The most difficult is to measure springs force for ICS and HSC but you can also measure their geometry and do the math. 

If you don't want to compare one fork/shock to an other you don't need to be super accurate on all these numbers, you will have the same little error on all your calculations but the stack/ports change will be still accurate.

What is your bike ?

So do I have to enter all the aux and reservoir presurization data aswell?

For aux, you need to understand what the parameters are so that you can decide if you need to enter them or not.

The first row is for the clicker adjuster needle.  You need to enter this as it is part of the free bleed in the damper, without it the curves will be wonky.

The second row is for a high speed comp spring.  This only applies to stacks that have a spring behind the stack, such as the fork midvalve compression stack and the shock base valve cadj stack.  Note that older version of ReStackor didn't have the ability to simulate this at all.

The third row is dyno compensation data.  The offset should be zero, the other two parameters you should use the ReStackor recommended values: http://restackor.com/Code/User_Manual/Sections/Input/Aux_Comp/Aux-Comp.htm

The reservoir data is required for calculating cavitation in combined mid-base simulations.  Whether you need to enter that or not depends on whether you are trying to run that simulation. :excuseme:

I don't know about the valve geometry for those forks, but I do have 2 comments:

1. You need to add something for the backer shim (if there is a thick washer/shim behind the stack) or for the valve body itself.  Notice how the clamp shim is deflecting a lot in the picture.  If you take a picture of what the assembly looks like we may be able to help.

2.  Do those forks really have a 6 mm damper rod?  I have never worked on a set of those, but that would be VERY small.  Normal is 12.0 or 12.5 mm, I have seen 10 mm, but never 6...

Ok, so you probably should put something like a 12 x 1.0 mm "shim" at the bottom of the stack to mimic the effect of the base valve body, if I am understanding your description.  Note that, if it truly is 12 mm, that means it will will tend to become your "clamp" even if you run a larger clamp shim in the stack.

For u.wheel, you just set it up for a reasonable maximum wheel speed for the graphs.  For a fork, 200 in/sec is probably a good number, you might get that fast on hard hits.  I commonly use between 100 in/sec and 200 in/sec.  For a shock, you can use about 1/3 that number because of the linkage, so 75 in/sec works pretty well for shock comp.  Reb is always slower.

For f.max, I set it to the maximum force that the stack sees at my maximum wheel speed.  You have to look this up on the ReStackor page.  Appropriate numbers will vary a lot, but on the order of 10-30 pounds for a fork base valve up to 100-200 pounds for a shock mid.