Hello all! Stolen Honda Xr600r Tucson, AZ

Sad but true... my first post here because my 1996 Honda XR600R was stolen from Tucson, AZ on October 25th 2014

1996 Honda xr600R Stolen between 11Pm/2:30Am 10/24-10/25 Behind the coronado hotel 4Th ave downtown By the overpass. Reward for information leading to the bikes return. It had very unique paint scheme red supertrapp exhaust, red seat, black Fenders, white ims gas tank, silver frame. Please help me find mybike. 52095four65Sixone

http://tucson.craigslist.org/mcy/4731911618.html1415670230088.jpg1415670251338.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome all!

Is that a troll post? If so, not a very good way to get people to help you out and be on the lookout for your bike. 

Was your bike properly secured/locked down or did you just leave it in the bed of a truck located in what sounds like a shady area ("behind the coronado hotel 4Th ave downtown By the overpass")?

• Like 3

Is that a troll post? If so, not a very good way to get people to help you out and be on the lookout for your bike. 

Was your bike properly secured/locked down or did you just leave it in the bed of a truck located in what sounds like a shady area ("behind the coronado hotel 4Th ave downtown By the overpass")?

That is probably the most crime ridden part of town.  Even chained in an enclosed trailer I wouldn't leave a bike there.

Sometimes it's hard to recognize sarcasm on the internet so I'm not sure about it but it did rub me the wrong way considering there was 33 minutes between posts.

the guy had a bike stolen, I'm sure he's anxious and has some forlorn hope that he can get it back.  Best of luck, looks like a nice machine

Yes, he did have a bike stolen - over 2 weeks ago.  The panic should have subsided.    It DID look like  a nice bike, I must add.  Maybe another reason why we should all insure our dirt bikes.

Sad but true... my first post here because my 1996 Honda XR600R was stolen from Tucson, AZ on October 25th 2014

1996 Honda xr600R Stolen between 11Pm/2:30Am 10/24-10/25 Behind the coronado hotel 4Th ave downtown By the overpass. Reward for information leading to the bikes return. It had very unique paint scheme red supertrapp exhaust, red seat, black Fenders, white ims gas tank, silver frame. Please help me find mybike. 52095four65Sixone

http://tucson.craigslist.org/mcy/4731911618.html📎1415670230088.jpg📎1415670251338.jpg

Sorry for your loss my friend. If I happen to see your xr up this way in CO, I'll be sure to let you know. Good luck finding your bike and may the responsible thief eat their shit, then shit out his shit and re eat the shit he just ate. 👍

• Like 3

Don't know if you've shared it on social media but that can help - but it may be too late for that. If you want to want to keep the theft alive for historical searching then list it on stolenmotorcycleregister.com.  Send me a PM and I'll set it up for you and waive the listing fee.

• Like 2

Have you tried contacting any local user groups (4x4, atv, dirt bike, etc) to get the word out? If you had contacted our club, Trail Riders of Southern AZ (TRS), I would have gladly posted it to our club forum and our Facebook page. Also, have you tried posting on the Arizonatrailtalk.com or AMRA racers forums?

Edited by SS109
  • Like 1

I would also suggest contacting the local forest service outreach program, they have a community outreach officer who seems like a fellow off road enthusiast. They are in a good position to keep an eye out for off road vehicles.