A NEW BALLISTIC BATTERY? WHAT COULD GO WRONG?

I had a chance to buy a used ballistic battery off a friend of mine that has been sitting on his shelf awhile. Just wanted to get through the winter. I got my hands on another Ballistic battery cheap but new from the dealer. Plus, i didnt want to to hack up Brian's custom battery mount. That battery was in their tight and secure and the bracket looked awesome. Set the new battery in place...hit the e-button...&%$#@!ing Dead!!!!!!!!!!!!

These batteries should come charged and ready to go. It even sais so in ballistics instructions.🤣🤣🤣 . So now i remove the NEW BALLISTIC battery and drop the old one in place. You know...the one that i have to repeatly tap the top plate with a screwdriver to make a connection. Start the pig up remove the battery cables and place the new one in. Hopefully, it just needs some charging. Drive the pig around for a few hours. Seems to start ok. Come out the next morning hit the e-button. It barely turning over. 🤦  Get the old ballistic battery out, start the pig up and repeat the procedure as stated above. &%$#@! this...i rip the new battery out....take it back for a full refund. The NEW battery is not holding a charge. They test it ....9.7 volts. 🙄 Man, im going to say this again BALLISTIC REALLY NEEDS TO GET THEIR SHIT TOGEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!.Sorry Brian...i know you worked hard on that bracket. It looked killer. I am ordering a "Antigravity batteries xps sc-1".

And when those POS batteries die.what ya gonna do then 😛

Actually don`t know if the Antigravity is a bad battery or not...sure is fun teasing the shit out of you though.🤣

So is the next battery gonna be alot different in size????

how about 9 of these.....bound to last longer than those POS lith batteries.. 🤦

images_zpse0e7381e.jpg

:jawdrop:

B

And when those POS batteries die.what ya gonna do then 😛

Actually don`t know if the Antigravity is a bad battery or not...sure is fun teasing the shit out of you though.🤣

So is the next battery gonna be alot different in size????

how about 9 of these.....bound to last longer than those POS lith batteries.. 🤦

images_zpse0e7381e.jpg

:jawdrop:

B

Brian, it measures L-4.25"..W-1.25"..H-3.75"...180cca. More juice than the ballistic "AND" about 30g "LIGHTER". 🤦 . If you go to antigravitybatteries.com the battery i want is the xps/sc1. Its featured on the homepage or just punch in xps...there is  an impressive video. check it out! 😉

Edited by Thumper3

yup..saw that quite awhile back,i think they say race use because it doesn`t have alot of reserve capacity,,,meaning a draw from anything will kill it quickly..that covers themselves from guys with 1000 watt sound systems on their freeking cruisers seeking warranty cause the stereo killed the battery in a couple of minutes.. 🤦

B

Feel kinda sorry for all your   :banghead:  torture. My leg is still working strong! over 50 years old, but not telling how many. I just keep swapping it out to what ever bike I choose.  Also I dont have the  blood pressure spikes, from the battery fail aggravation.  Just sayin.  🙄

• Like 1

Feel kinda sorry for all your   :banghead:  torture. My leg is still working strong! over 50 years old, but not telling how many. I just keep swapping it out to what ever bike I choose.  Also I dont have the  blood pressure spikes, from the battery fail aggravation.  Just sayin.  🙄

...Seems like this lightened pig project has come back to bite me in the ass. 😉Its almost got me thinking i should get a plated xr600r or xr650r. But i like the e-button too much. Am i annoyed...yup. Compared to having a kid dumping shit down its downtube...this is a walk in the park. Just have to throw this Ballistic battery in the garbage, where it belongs, and try a more reputable company such as "Antigravity". 👍

Been running my Shorai mounted on top of the air box now for about 4 years now I believe. Removed the big goiter on the left side and tucked all that on top of and on the right side of the air box. 

The Shorai has worked perfectly, hot or cold. I see how expensive these things are now and not looking forward to replacing it but so far so good. 

I was under the impression that when they went full dead, there was no bringing them back. 

I just went with the Earthx because it has a battery management circuit. I had the Shorai but it died while I was troubleshooting my starter and I shorted it to ground, went dead and wouldn't wake up, tried a charger and a jump from a charged lead acid to bring it back but nothing.

The BMC in the Earthx is designed to save the battery from what I did.