97 rm 125 questions

Bought this a year ago. Person i bought it from had a new cdi installed. When he got it back the carb leaked with the fuel valve on. I cleaned the carb and exhaust valves. It would always idle very high. After going over it I found the crank seal/seals bad. Do notI barely had any oil in the tranny. Could this cause the motor to idle high? Almost like a air leak? I did add tranny fluid but really didn't notice the idle with the amount of smoke coming out of the exhaust.

I also ordered some new radiators. Ebay china ones. I am having a welder relocate the connections to the right areas. My question is the stock ones have a 1/4" tube off the top of the radiators that just connect the two. It is above the main hose. Is this just to get as much air out of the system when bleeding? I noticed some rm's do not have these.

I took care of the carb issue. In the process of ordering crank seals. A little confused though. I go to partpitstop and put in model year 1997. On one side the seal has two different types. Models t and v or something like that. The letters designate the year but i already put in the year.

is the carb all the way in the boots? are the boots tight? are the boots cracked? that will all cause high idle. you just messed with the carb, and its sucking air from somewhere, where's the firstplace you should check? your carb connections.
it could be also a starving of fuel in the bowl if you bumped the float height thats causing the high idle as well.

Carb is all set. When i had the high idle that is exactly where i went. Replaced the float needle and seat. Cleaned it and even replace the throttle cable. Checked the float height as well as the jetting according to Pro Circuit with a works pipe. I know my crankshaft seals are gone. I wanted to see if my high idle was tied into that. It made sense to me.

Has anyone ordered from partspitstop?