I just picked up a 06 kx 450f for $2600 has KYB front suspension pro circuit linkage arm decal works graphics, stainless steel fmf power bomb header pipe new tires pro race wheel set an a few lil parts but for that price is it a good deal from what i kno the bike rides good has a tiny knock/ tick in the top end im assuming its the valves wich is no biggie to have shimmed ither than that it needs an oil change is that a deal?.. an is the knocking / ticking the valves ??

Hope you have another $1000+ lying around! Sounds like your new bike is due for a rebuild.

Sorry to be a dick, but yeah the ticking is probably from something wearing out in the top end. If the valves have already been shimmed (most likely have) you'll need to replace the valves, have the seats cut and such. Could be due for all the other fun stuff like cam chain, piston, crank, etc.

I'm no 4 stroke expert by any means, but i've owned a couple. I've had one do this to me, it's the last 4 stroke I bought for a while... ?

IMG_0133.jpg

Well the were 2 previous owners that didnt ride it much the meter said 13 hours when i got the bike an the guy i bought it from said oil was changed basically after ever 1-2 rides like bike starts 1st 2nd kick some times third kick it has tons of power an the ticking is very minor.. When i took it to the shop the other day the guy told me it doesnt sound to bad an its most likely a valve .. The previouse owners told me they have never had the valves touched only checked ?? So how long do u think i have before i have to get the top end done i dont ride hard just wheelies an trails ?

An out here in the woods i barely get to 2nd gear cuz of trees that fell over etc