Sign in to follow this  

is WR125R a toy?

I mean comparing to e.g. CRF250l ?

I am still hesitating about crf as many people are telling the suspension is a crap

and WR250R is way better but is also twice as expensive.  So I though  maybe

WR125R would do some lighter offroading.  I think 125cc is a bad idea but I though 

I'd run it by you first.

thanks

I had a WR125R (UK) for six months from March till September 2014. During this time I rode 2500 miles (about 4000km). After engine break in, I absolutely loved this bike. Not a toy - endless fun.

Then I made a mistake: traded the WR125R for a brand new CRF250L. This was two months ago. Maybe being unfair but I find it boring, despite 23hp as opposed to the 15hp if the WR125R. Only ridden 600 miles so just had the first service. A reliable bike but sounds and feels like a scooter.

Wish I hadn't sold the Yam. Now trading in the CRF for a used XT660Z. But the WR125R took me long distance incl. motorways and always made me smile..

I had a WR125R (UK) for six months from March till September 2014. During this time I rode 2500 miles (about 4000km). After engine break in, I absolutely loved this bike. Not a toy - endless fun.

Then I made a mistake: traded the WR125R for a brand new CRF250L. This was two months ago. Maybe being unfair but I find it boring, despite 23hp as opposed to the 15hp if the WR125R. Only ridden 600 miles so just had the first service. A reliable bike but sounds and feels like a scooter.

Wish I hadn't sold the Yam. Now trading in the CRF for a used XT660Z. But the WR125R took me long distance incl. motorways and always made me smile..

thanks for opinion so you din't feel that much of a difference in power, did you?  you could ride offroad no problem?

Difference in power: almost identical top speed but the CRF has more low-end pull. the WR likes to be ridden hard at high revs and makes you feel like 16 again. The wider seat on the CRF250L is definitely more comfortable after about one hour of riding.

The WR is tall and looks great. Everywhere I parked up random people started talking to me. The CRF looks good, too, but has a low tail. Seat us lower by 6cm, too.

Haven't done much serious offroading on either bike but shouldn't be a great difference. I am biased and prefer the WR125R....