crf120 / kx85 conversion questions and build thread.

Hey everyone.  I have a roughed up crf100 that I did a tb120 big bore kit on and picked up a 2002 kx85 with a bad jug and rod bearing for cheap.  Planning the swap for this winter( as in starting in the next month).  any tips or tricks?  Id like to not cut the frame but cant see a way around it with the taller motor.  any experience or tips are welcome.  I have seen the one build thread on here already, Just wanted to start my build thread and get the questions and ball rolling to motivate myself.  So far I have a 16t 420 sprocket for the motor and a larger carb boot for a 26-28mm carb for the motor.  Planning on trying the pwk from the 85.  Got a 35 pilot and a needle suggested on another thread...  as well as 100, 105 , and 110 mains.  any suggestions on where to start are welcome.  Will be custom making the exhaust on this one to maintain left side silencer.  the 85 has a powercore shorty at the moment.  would it be bad to use the 2 stroke silencer?  Again thanks all for your help.  Hopefully have some pics up shortly.  For the record I'm 6'2 and this is just to be a trail/play bike and a winter project. 

Edited by moral_dilemma666

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone.  I have a roughed up crf100 that I did a tb120 big bore kit on and picked up a 2002 kx85 with a bad jug and rod bearing for cheap.  Planning the swap for this winter( as in starting in the next month).  any tips or tricks?  Id like to not cut the frame but cant see a way around it with the taller motor.  any experience or tips are welcome.  I have seen the one build thread on here already, Just wanted to start my build thread and get the questions and ball rolling to motivate myself.  So far I have a 16t 420 sprocket for the motor and a larger carb boot for a 26-28mm carb for the motor.  Planning on trying the pwk from the 85.  Got a 35 pilot and a needle suggested on another thread...  as well as 100, 105 , and 110 mains.  any suggestions on where to start are welcome.  Will be custom making the exhaust on this one to maintain left side silencer.  the 85 has a powercore shorty at the moment.  would it be bad to use the 2 stroke silencer?  Again thanks all for your help.  Hopefully have some pics up shortly.  For the record I'm 6'2 and this is just to be a trail/play bike and a winter project. 

Have you any progress, get the motor to fit in the frame? I know it is a pretty involved process to make the motor fit correctly?