Pala

I have heard a few rumors that there are people looking into reopening it, but nothing beyond that...just rumors.  Anyone hear anything new?  I heard from a tribal elder over the summer that there was nothing in the works to reopen it, but they would like to do something with the land and get some kind of revenue from it (whether it's motocross or anything else for that matter).  With the amount of riders and the popularity of that place, I'm amazed that no manufacturers, dealers, or anyone in the industry have stepped up to offer any kind of support...  It seemed to be THE place for people who live in San Diego and nearby areas to go to.  I don't ride as much as I used to as when Pala was open (2x a week) so I'm not going through nearly the amount of consumables as I used to.  I'd imagine I'm not alone and local dealers probably seeing a little hit on sales.  Everytime I drive past the 76 on my way to Milestone, Cahuilla, or Elsinore (gasp!) I can't stop thinking about how sweet it would be if I could make that turn on the 76 East and save myself the additional 45 mins to an hour drive, and ride again on the one of the best spots San Diego has seen.  Would love to see that place reopen.  I'll stop daydreaming now...!  Any news out there?!

• Like 1

Boo &%$#@!ing hoo!!! Buy it and open, run, pay for it. Or, shut the &%$#@! up about your need to ride in circles,and how "they" aren't providing for you!

Whoa fella - it was not meant to be a rant on lack of industry support as it was daydreaming and seeing if anyone has heard anything new.  There are plenty of alternatives but Pala was top notch.  I'm guessing you've never been there.  To each their own.

someone is butt hurt they never learned how to ride in circles.

ncy parts counter guy said something about it reopening next year, as i was walking away the other dude said something about eating crow so who knows.

most people who might actually know that i've talked to all say no reopening.

Edited by Die_trying
  • Like 1

Whoa fella - it was not meant to be a rant on lack of industry support as it was daydreaming and seeing if anyone has heard anything new. There are plenty of alternatives but Pala was top notch. I'm guessing you've never been there. To each their own.

Ill take that whoa.

I guess what has me wound up is the fact that on the track rider side of our sport, Its driven by a free market. If a business fails, idgaf! Their aren't and should not be any guarantees to continue an operation if its not profitable.

It seems that the sign of the times is "give me" no matter the cost to someone else.

Ill take that whoa.

I guess what has me wound up is the fact that on the track rider side of our sport, Its driven by a free market. If a business fails, idgaf! Their aren't and should not be any guarantees to continue an operation if its not profitable.

It seems that the sign of the times is "give me" no matter the cost to someone else.

You're the "give me guy." You only ride for free.

I have heard a few rumors that there are people looking into reopening it, but nothing beyond that...just rumors. Anyone hear anything new? I heard from a tribal elder over the summer that there was nothing in the works to reopen it, but they would like to do something with the land and get some kind of revenue from it (whether it's motocross or anything else for that matter). With the amount of riders and the popularity of that place, I'm amazed that no manufacturers, dealers, or anyone in the industry have stepped up to offer any kind of support... It seemed to be THE place for people who live in San Diego and nearby areas to go to. I don't ride as much as I used to as when Pala was open (2x a week) so I'm not going through nearly the amount of consumables as I used to. I'd imagine I'm not alone and local dealers probably seeing a little hit on sales. Everytime I drive past the 76 on my way to Milestone, Cahuilla, or Elsinore (gasp!) I can't stop thinking about how sweet it would be if I could make that turn on the 76 East and save myself the additional 45 mins to an hour drive, and ride again on the one of the best spots San Diego has seen. Would love to see that place reopen. I'll stop daydreaming now...! Any news out there?!

Brah, it helps if you search the forum rather than crying about it first.