Pretty Big Question, Why do YOU ride?

I ride because it keeps me sane.  I have tried a million different hobbies and nothing keeps me "leveled out" like motocross.  There is just something about scaring the living crap out of yourself a couple times a week that nothing else can replace.

• Like 4

I'm free. Any stress, burdens, no past no future, just present. The only thing I have to worry about, is my next move.

I don't follow a trail number or anything, I know where I'm going, when I get there. Then I route my way home. It is a passion, a race, and a big part of my family. That's why I ride

• Like 5

I'm free. Any stress, burdens, no past no future, just present. The only thing I have to worry about, is my next move.

I don't follow a trail number or anything, I know where I'm going, when I get there. Then I route my way home. It is a passion, a race, and a big part of my family. That's why I ride

Good point, it kills stress so you can think straight

I ride for this very reason.  For that day when someone makes a thread asking everyone why they ride.  

your day has come  :jawdrop:

• Like 1

I'm a happily married 40-something year old with 3 great, GREAT kids and a very stressful job. Riding is my sanctuary. My safe haven. No one asking me for anything and no one reminding me of deadlines when I'm on the trail. There are no financial challenges on the trail. There is no hunger, war or Ebola on the trail. The trail has no prejudices, no favorites, no squeaky wheel to be grease and no traffic jams. There's no rape, no assault and no child abduction. Yes, I ride alone but please don't lecture me about the dangers of riding solo. As I see it, the real dangers come into play when I'm not on the trail. I think a better question would be "Why not ride?"

Edited by zderekv
  • Like 4

I'm a happily married 40-something year old with 3 great, GREAT kids and a very stressful job. Riding is my sanctuary. My safe haven. No one asking me for anything and no one reminding me of deadlines when I'm on the trail. There are no financial challenges on the trail. There is no hunger, war or Ebola on the trail. The trail has no prejudices, no favorites, no squeaky wheel to be grease and no traffic jams. There's no rape, no assault and no child abduction. Yes, I ride alone but please don't lecture me about the dangers of riding solo. As I see it, the real dangers come into play when I'm not on the trail. I think a better question would be "Why not ride?"

I love it man, thanks for the thoughtful post, ride on and ride hard my man. Enjoy your life  

Because I enjoy it and its a great way to hurt myself periodically so I can get good pain meds. :goofy:

Lol worst i've had is had a little wrestling match with a tree  :bonk:

• Like 1