Help fitting triple clamps

Hey hoping you guys can help me a little on this, so i have a cr250 that i like to mildly race, but its my bike i like to push it on and hit the big jumps with, its a 1988, very fast and for its time it has decent suspension, but its horrible compared to modern stuff.. Well i now how the full front suspension off a modern kawasaki, got the forks, wheel, brakes, everhthing, and im trying to make it fit.. At the top of the forks it measures 49.85mm and the lower fork mounts measure 56.75mm..

So what can i do to make this fit

The other reason i really wanna do this is i also have a 1979 xr500 ive completly built, its a sweet bike, just put nice suspension on the back but the forks are totally shot, if i could fit these cr250 forks on there it would be night and day difference, and then id also have a disk brake on the front, and if im correct, the triple tree in the cr250 should fit right in the xr500 perfectly

Im having trouble finding the diameter for modern honda clamps.. And up to what year do the triple tree still fit my old bike? Or am i gonna have to mix and match some clamps?

The danger of mix and matching clamps is that the offsets may be different and the forks won't go in. I changed my Honda 919 to the upside down RC-51 forks recently and ran in that very problem (bad advice in that case).

Take a digital micrometer and measure the clamping areas of the forks. Call Applied Racing and ask them what year might work. You may need custom clamps from them or maybe Emig Racing.

EDIT: if clamp opening is too big, measure them at full opening and have shims made. I have shims on the lowers on my 919.

Edited by HRC27

How much would a custom set like that cost me? Couldvit be as easy as getting the triple clamps for these forks and getting custom bearings made?

And ya that was the other thing i wasnt sure about, if i could gwt larger diameter clamps and shim them, id do that on a street bike sure, but i was a tad un easy thinking about these shims holding up on huge jumps, or if i case a jump

The measurements above were with a digital mircometer