CR 500 1992, just bought the engine. Questions and pics.

Hey, just got my engine for my 500 af conversion, i dont know much about the engine other than that its from US and looks like it hasnt been apart too many times also its supposedly bored 0.25mm, piston looks to be OEM, says ART inside it.

Crank says PRO SERIES on one side and 2210 on the other, havent found any info about it, anyone?

The jug also has some weird "grooves" above the exhaust port, looks to be machined, no idea what they are, havent seen them on any other cylinders.

jsbx2c.jpg
2u8ikq0.jpg
2yzg6ye.jpg
hum7pc.jpg

The grooves are for easier starting. They are from the factory.

Check your cylinder bore to piston clearance. .003" is standard clearance. It looks like your bore is wore out of round and the piston has been rocking in the cylinder. If it is out of round you will have to go to the next bore size.

89 mm is the stock bore. They can be bored up to 91mm

The grooves are for easier starting. They are from the factory.

Check your cylinder bore to piston clearance. .003" is standard clearance. It looks like your bore is wore out of round and the piston has been rocking in the cylinder. If it is out of round you will have to go to the next bore size.

89 mm is the stock bore. They can be bored up to 91mm

Okey im gonna have the cylinder measured up next week, hope its in spec, which would be 89.25+0.08mm(0.003") i guess, otherwise next step would be to bore it out to 89.58 and throw a wiseco 89.50 in there?

Found a new oem crank for a good price in europe, think im gonna buy that one, feels safer that way.

You have to measure the piston and compare it to the cylinder. To check for piston to cylinder clearance. But do have the shop check to make sure the bore is true.

If there is is no up and down play and little side to side play in the rod I would run it.

If you do need to bore to the next size piston. The shop will need the new piston in hard to size the bore correctly.

you can find a oem crankshaft for about $330 at several places. hard to say how much shipping will cost to your house though. if your old crank wheels are oem and in good shape you can have a prox rod put on. probly be around $200 for rod and labor. this route is risky though as some shops arent competant to rebuild tinned cranks. so you may be better off just buying new

• 4 weeks later...