The Mighty CRF450X is dethroned as the King of Baja...

Yup...it's true.

Congrats to our friends Ricky Brabec, Max Eddy Jr, Robby Bell and Steve Hengeveld on the Kawasaki KX450 on their win. They battled hard and came out victorious despite some issues and a tire coming apart on them.

Outstanding ride by Colton Udall on the 1X, ironmanning the first 655 miles and building a nice lead before handing off to Ian Young. Ian suffered a crash and bent the bars and hurt his arm/wrist. The 4X Kawasaki team was able to capitalize and take the win.

The 1X for 2015 will be GREEN...

KTM didn't participate...

I agree, the Kawasaki team was stacked with super talented guys...and really nice, humble, down to Earth type guys.

Colton was the really strong anchor of his team, Ian Young and Mark Samuels, while excellent riders in their own right, were just outmatched with talent and experience.

They battled valiantly, but it just wasn't in the cards.

I think the WFOx team did an amazing job.  One thing that I think has to be mentioned, Steve Hengeveld is considered to be one of the best night riders/racers in the world.  He has always been almost impossible to beat when the sun goes down.  I believe the last person to do it was Kendall Norman a couple years ago and that was only because the 4X team had a break down.  Even in that race, Hengeveld was picking up ground on Kendall before the bike gave out.  I really wish Kendall would get back to racing, he is still an amazing rider.

• Like 2

So how many guys took a shift on the Kawie trying to catch him for those 10 hours? 

Apparently he built up a good lead riding solo over the other teams.  10 hours pinned, leading and pulling away, that is insane.  He is a rockstar!!

Enough cannot be said about Colton's ride...he is just a freakin' beast...along the Kendall Norman/Quinn Cody type of beast.

And Henge the Night Stalker is one of, if not the best night racer Baja has ever seen.

I'm not sure he would have been able to make up the whole distance had Ian not crashed, but that's all academic now...

So how many guys took a shift on the Kawie trying to catch him for those 10 hours? 

Apparently he built up a good lead riding solo over the other teams.  10 hours pinned, leading and pulling away, that is insane.  He is a rockstar!!

3 guys...First Robby Bell, then Ricky Brabec, then Max Eddy...

There is a great video of Colton passing Robby Bell in the morning hours around RM 80-90...let me see if I can post it here...

Yup...it's true.

Congrats to our friends Ricky Brabec, Max Eddy Jr, Robby Bell and Steve Hengeveld on the Kawasaki KX450 on their win. They battled hard and came out victorious despite some issues and a tire coming apart on them.

Outstanding ride by Colton Udall on the 1X, ironmanning the first 655 miles and building a nice lead before handing off to Ian Young. Ian suffered a crash and bent the bars and hurt his arm/wrist. The 4X Kawasaki team was able to capitalize and take the win.

The 1X for 2015 will be GREEN...

KX450 ???

• 2 weeks later...

I hadn't been paying attention to this year's B1K....until now! Nothing against JCR and his team. They've established themselves as the very best and have been difficult to beat but it was just a matter of time when competing against the former team mates Robby Bell and THE MIDNIGHT RAMBLER. Hat's off to the former 1X Champs to another win but on the green bike. This is a sweet win I'm happy to see. Congrats to Steve, Robby, Maxx, and Ricky!

• Like 1