Extra radiator mod?

Ever seen a radiator hose move without pinching? They are not very forgiving and would pinch off coolant flow any time you turned the bars. Not only would you stop the flow to that radiator, you'd stop flow to the entire cooling system. Hoses long enough to not pinch would snag constantly and be in the way.

It's just not a good idea.

Edited by PearlSnaps

The old triple clamp rads had the coolant running thru the down tube... most all leaked and were often fixed by running long hoses down the side of the down tube. I don't remember much binding, but the syste was flawed big time and that is why it only lasted a couple years.

What if you put it right infront the down tube, in the middle of the existing rads. Might be blocked by the render a bit but it wouldn't have to move at all with steering.

sure, go for it! are you looking to add more cooling? or replace the existing radiators?

1981-82 YZ125.  See the big snorkeled front number plate?  It was a major fail, for several reasons.

cache_0_0_0_httpi86photobucketcomalbumsk

I wouldn't say it was a major fail

I haven't seen too many major fail ideas on motorcycles that have won a 250 National Champinship. And on a production machine against the trickest Works Hondas in history.

I would say the design had a lot of room for improvement