Pro Circuit Platinum 2 on a 250XC

Is anyone running a Platinum 2 on a newer 250XC?  How does the power compare to the stock pipe?

I have sent another pipe to the big pipemaker in the sky  and I'm planning on running a thicker gauge pipe with no guard.  I had a FMF Fatty and was happy with the power.  I want to try running without the guard on my next pipe as the Fatty is badly creased at the head flange which I believe was caused by the CF guard.  I can fix a dented expansion chamber but have no luck with bad creases.  

I have rode bikes in the past with the Gnarly pipe and hated how they would fall on their face on top.  How does the Platinum 2 compare?  

Edited by bkoz

Bolted on a platinum 2 on my CR250 after I cracked the stock pipe on a rock late 2012, and after probably a good 30 hours, it's held up extremely well. I'm not a real bike abuser, but this pipe has seen it's fair share of rocks, falls, mud, and logs. Only damage is a small dent on the lower part of the chamber, very shallow flat spot, and a few scratches. The welds don't crack, the nickel plate stays on, and buffs out nice with some mag polish. I'd almost call it overkill if you ran a pipe guard unless you do endurocross. Worth every penny IMO.

It is heavier gauge, like the gnaarly, so it is more durable than stock and most other pipes 

Alittle more mid range hit than the stock pipe, but nothing excessive.  Low end seems just as strong, maybe just a tad weaker of idle.  More over rev up top.

I think the pipe is very good for off-roading

I run a platinum 2 on a 14 300xc with a PC 304 I think it performs very well compared to stock same great bottom with a little more mid and up. It is thicker but I still smash the crap out of it. I like the pipe a lot and don't run a pipe guard but I also put dents in almost every ride. I would recommend it over the gnarly but that's personal preference. I don't think these bikes need any more bottom and stock is great but to thin.

I have a 13 250xc. I put the platinum 2 w/ 304 silencer after my first season on it. It seemed to wake up the mid quite a bit, small gains on bottom and the top stayed the same. Very happy with the purchase, however I would still recommend a pipe guard. Mine got two big dents after three races.