2015 KTM 450 or 350?

I'm selling my 2010 crf250 and deciding either to get the SX 450 or 350. I've read a lot of stuff that the 350 is more of a screamer. I'm more of a lugger. I race more than anything but when I go into the mountains everybody says I'm always a gear to high and so the 450 would suit my needs better. I'm 6'0 and working on gaining weight but at the moment am 145lbs. I'm a B class racer not comprehensively experience but no rookie either. I've been told to get the total power and speed from the 350 you really need to scream it? Any info would be appreciated causer I'm planning on getting it after Thanksgiving.

Monk, than if it doesnt bother u dont post your stupid comments! Your clueless! All u do all day long is read threads n try to stir up shit! Iol get a life! Your jealous cause i can help people out n u cant do anything for people because your a nobody!

No, you don't have to scream a 350 everywhere and I doubt anyone on this forum could ride a 350 to 70% of its potential. Even lugging it has considerably more power then your 250f. It's a extremely easy to use more with great power. When people say it has no bottom-end, they're comparing that to a 450. Name 1 bike that has the torque if a 450 that isn't a 450 or bigger? A 350 can't be compared to anything except another 350 and at this moment only Beta makes one.

Flat out a 450 can be a handful regardless of where you ride. There is a upward trend of less being more in the dirtbike world and you see lots of people moving back to 2ts for their lightweight and ease of maintenance (and they make great power, try riding a 300) or to a 250/350 because of the power (or lack of it) making them easy to ride. Your 2010 is slow in today's world of 250fs yet it's only 4yrs old. New ones are well over the 40hp mark and super broad....

I'm looking at dropping down to a 350 for those very reasons I've mentioned above. Also, if you can, try riding a 450 for a normal ride that you do. 10min on the parking lot or a couple laps around the parking lot mean nothing. Of course it will feel awesome because, well, their awesome! Especially for a short ride. 3-4hrs into one of your mountain rides I would bet money you wouldn't feel the same way. You really have to spend some good amount of time on one to give an honest review on how they feel...

• Like 1

I personally like the 350. I have ridden 450's for about six years then started riding 250f. Hated the 250f at first then got used to it but I was getting smoked off the start. I gambled on the 350 and feel like it was just what I wanted. Less of a brute than the 450 but still able to hang with them. I am a vet intermediate and a bit out of shape so the lack of bottom hit is perfect.

• Like 1

Monk, than if it doesnt bother u dont post your stupid comments! Your clueless! All u do all day long is read threads n try to stir up shit! Iol get a life! Your jealous cause i can help people out n u cant do anything for people because your a nobody!

Cmon, now your all upset. Let's be truly honest....I have ZERO to be jealous about. I have a beautiful wife and a healthy kid, I myself am healthy, a house that's standing, a bit of property to rummage around on, a business that is doing well and makes enough to pay the bills, a few toys that I'm able to enjoy, a few good friends that share the same ideas, a bit of money in the bank etc etc. Yes, life isn't perfect for me, I still have my daily "tests" that I must work through and though I always want more in life, I'm happy with what I have....

You are wrong though, I'm a somebody. I'm my kids hero, my wife's husband, my father's kid, my friends buddy, my dogs master, my clients landscaping company and the list goes on and on...

You're a somebody too though, don't forget that. Maybe it's not important to you, but to someone your the best thing to them... Find some peace in your life and be happy brother... ?

• Like 4

Nice to see you 2 playing nice.

Not every flower can say love, but a rose can. Not every plant survives a thirst, but a cactus can. Not every retard can read, but look at you go, little buddy!! Today you should take a moment and send an encouraging message to a &%$#@!ed up friend, just as I have done.

I don't care if you lick windows, or &%$#@! farm animals. You hang in there cupcake, because you're &%$#@!ing special to me, and you're my friend. Look at you smiling at your computer screen, you crayon eating mother &%$#@!er!

A bit early I know, but I have so many good friends I thought i'd get the ugly &%$#@!ers out of the way first. After careful consideration of your performance as a friend in 2014, I have decided to extend your friendship for a further 12 months. Try not to &%$#@! it up! 

Happy New Year and

All the best in 2015

?

• Like 2

Nice to see you 2 playing nice.

Not every flower can say love, but a rose can. Not every plant survives a thirst, but a cactus can. Not every retard can read, but look at you go, little buddy!! Today you should take a moment and send an encouraging message to a &%$#@!ed up friend, just as I have done.

I don't care if you lick windows, or &%$#@! farm animals. You hang in there cupcake, because you're &%$#@!ing special to me, and you're my friend. Look at you smiling at your computer screen, you crayon eating mother &%$#@!er!

A bit early I know, but I have so many good friends I thought i'd get the ugly &%$#@!ers out of the way first. After careful consideration of your performance as a friend in 2014, I have decided to extend your friendship for a further 12 months. Try not to &%$#@! it up!

Happy New Year and

All the best in 2015

?

I think mxboy2661 will enjoy those kind words you directed at him... ? Edited by Monk