Motor is stiff when turning over?

After blowing my second tube on my RT100, my best friend's parents decided I am too large for the bike (guilty as charged) and gave me their project 1985 Yamaha IT 175 to get running and use as an upgrade.

I'm assuming the motor has probably cold seized (last orv tag was in 1991, I'm assuming it hasn't run since), but it is very stiff to turn over. I originally thought it was seized, but when I went to show my friend I apparently kicked it hard enough to crank the engine and now it is very hard to turn with the kick start and attempting a bump start was impossible because the rear tire just dragged when dumping the clutch.

The engine doesn't turn "loosely" as it should and is almost impossible to turn over, is there a way to free the motor, short of rebuilding the motor? (which I'm not entirely opposed to doing, but I'd prefer if I don't have to as I don't really have the income to do so with my current job)

Upon further inspection (taking the spark plug out and kicking it over), I do not think the engine is seized at all.

Without the spark plug, the engine turns as freely as any engine without a spark plug should. That being said, I guess this motor is just cranking out a ton of compression?