Sign in to follow this  

Can you ID this throttle cable?

So went to take the SM out for a ride Thursday night, went to rev it up as I was leaving and the throttle stuck open! Turned the bike off an rolled it back into the garage. I tore it down and narrowed it down to a frozen throttle cable.

Problem is, since I bought the bike modded, I'm not sure what throttle cable this is. I do have the FCR carb conversion. From my research so far, I'm not sure it is an R1 throttle mod or not...or maybe it is.

Can anyone ID this throttle cable?

• Measures about 44" overall length
  • Single cable (with no return cable)

IMG_3349.jpg

IMG_3350.jpg

From your sig. this must be a DRZ to FCR conversion ?

If it is post it in the Suzuki section and I'm sure you will get replies as to the proper cable to use.

thanks for the advice. Turns out my bike has the Motion Pro SSW throttle mod. I contacted Eddie Sisneros and ordered a replacement for $40...should be a match. Crossing my fingers it works

call TERRYCABLE  there here right by me, Ty davis family business, his dads but, they make cables for bikes... sure they can help you out by the pics and measurements.  there in Hesperia CA

so I ended up ordering a replacement from Eddie Sisneros. After two weeks it never showed up and I told him to send me another one or just refund my money. He refunded me promptly, but after two weeks of and no cable, leads me to believe that he never sent it to begin with. Planning on motor work for 2015, but after this experience, I won't be sending it to his shop as I was planning to...