Sign in to follow this  

Which would you do? selling decision

I know this is the what bike should I buy section but this is a what bike should I sell question. 

Just wondering what others would do in my situation.

I have a '02 RM125 and a '13 YZ250.  6' 1" 180lbs.  I don't do any competitive racing and ride 90% trails 10% track. 

I like both the bikes but I'm looking to either get another street bike or get another car. 

So would you sell the more expensive yz250 and have more money to go toward another toy or would you keep the better all around bike and sell the RM125 and just have a little money toward a new toy. 

Only you know your overall financial situation. If you need a car and don't have the money to buy one, sell the YZ. If you have the cash and are just swapping toys, go with the decision that will give you the most satisfaction.

CoKTM

Just for swapping toys. 

I think I would regret selling the YZ250 but It is worth enough to get me a decent street legal bike or a decent project truck/car and I wouldn't have to come out of pocket.  The RM125 is only worth about a grand so it almost doesn't seem worth selling.  I just don't have room or time to mess with three bikes or two bikes and a project vehicle and I'm itching for a steet legal bike or project truck.

Edited by DirtSmoker250

if you ride all the time sell the 125. if you just ride once in a while sell the 250.

• Like 1

@elrontx-  I ride about 50-60 hours a year.  So not a ton but more hours then I put on a piston on a 125.  250 I would feel comfortable going 40-45 hours so that is closer to what I ride a season (even though I ride all but like 2 months a year).

@zderekv-   I had a dual sport (drz400) for several years.  Just too much compromise for me.  It was decent on road and dirt but not excellent in either.

Guess I'm going to keep both bikes.  The YZ250 is too sweet and the RM125 is too cheap so... time to get a bigger garage. 

Since you ride mostly trails and do not race I would keep the 250.  The bike is much better in the woods and the reliability is better than the 125 which needs topends a lot sooner.  

@elrontx-  I ride about 50-60 hours a year.  So not a ton but more hours then I put on a piston on a 125.  250 I would feel comfortable going 40-45 hours so that is closer to what I ride a season (even though I ride all but like 2 months a year).

@zderekv-   I had a dual sport (drz400) for several years.  Just too much compromise for me.  It was decent on road and dirt but not excellent in either.

Guess I'm going to keep both bikes.  The YZ250 is too sweet and the RM125 is too cheap so... time to get a bigger garage. 

50 hours a year is enough of a reason to keep the 250.