only runs on choke

hi, new to thumper talk. simple questions. my bike only runs/idles with full choke. dies if i let off choke or give any throttle. i cleaned the dual carbs good however didnt blow air through the jet ports. what would be the most common issue? a clogged main jet? ive read some about this and cant figure it out and would like to do it myself before taking it up the road to a professional. any input would be appreciated. my bike is an 86 xl600r. US model. i love these big bores and after my 84 klr600 that proved itself ive loved them and have always been a honda fan, am anxious to get her goin. thanx. Tyler.

86 xl600r, US model. what would be the most common issue relating to the bike only running on full choke, dies if i give it throttle or let off choke. clogged main jet? ive cleaned the dual carb good but didnt blow air through the jet ports. would seafoam help before i try anything else? id like some help before bringing it up the road for a professional to look at. i always do my own work unless i get stumped. i do mechanics for hobby. any help would be appreciated thanx. Tyler