Stator Confusion?

Trying to buy a new stator. The one I have now has a 3 pin connector that goes to my regulator. i can find a stator with the 3 pin connector but they all have 2 extra loose wires running from the stator. What are these extra wires for? Do I need them. The stator is a match except for these 2 loose wires. Can I get the new stator and just not mess with the 2 extra wires. My regulator is a 6 wire. 3 connect to the stator and 3 go elsewhere ( battery, ground,....). Should I buy this stator because I can not find any with just the 3 pins

It's a chinese bike. A TMEC 200 xt. I'm not sure what a lighting coil is but I don't believe I have one. 3 wires run from my regulator to im guessing the battery, ground, and something. And 3 yellow wires run from my reg/rec to my stator. The stators I found match, as far as bolt spacing, coils, and what not. And they have the 3 yellow wires that connect to the 3 yellow on my regulator. But their are 2 extra loose wires on each new stator I viewed. Should I order the new stator anyway. This has really been confusing me.

Moved to the Chinese bike area.

While a 'guess at a stator' might work, you are much better off getting one that will fit.

There is more to it than simply number of wires. You have to have the poles of the stator the right size and have the flywheel pass the correct distance for it to genterate power. Most stators have specific poles that can affect the CDI. A stator is not like s dish washer pump.

Trying to buy a new stator. The one I have now has a 3 pin connector that goes to my regulator. i can find a stator with the 3 pin connector but they all have 2 extra loose wires running from the stator. What are these extra wires for? Do I need them. The stator is a match except for these 2 loose wires. Can I get the new stator and just not mess with the 2 extra wires. My regulator is a 6 wire. 3 connect to the stator and 3 go elsewhere ( battery, ground,....). Should I buy this stator because I can not find any with just the 3 pins

Yes you can use the stator with the 2 extra wires. The extra wires are for lighting accessories and can be capped without issue. I have done this many times usually after having a chain come off, break the guard and break the pickup on the stator.I'm assuming you mean a stator like this? If you have a similar flywheel and stator on q horizontal 125cc Chinese motor it is interchangable. Ignore the epoxy on the pickup it's a homemade guard to prevent chain from breaking another one.

1416179078749.jpg

• 3 weeks later...