Biggest jump on a motocross track?

I didn't build it but was there during part of it and measuring was def part of the process. The next question would be...how is a 450r, in 5th gear pinned for that much run up....jumping less than 100ft.?

Like I said, im a newbie, but there have been lots of A and B riders come out to see it and I've heard no skeptics.

Hiesenberg that is probably every bit of 200'. Some people are funny. That jump in the first video is noticably longer than the one in the second video posted. The second video probably is 120' but the jump in the first vid is way bigger. He spends half the time in the air in the second vid and the guy in the first is clearly going way faster. Nay sayers are funny.

Oh and 100' is only 33 yards barely larger than a typical tripple at most tracks. This step up is way bigger than a typical tripple.

Edited by jcoop

Hiesenberg that is probably every bit of 200'. Some people are funny. That jump in the first video is noticably longer than the one in the second video posted. The second video probably is 120' but the jump in the first vid is way bigger. He spends half the time in the air in the second vid and the guy in the first is clearly going way faster. Nay sayers are funny.

Oh and 100' is only 33 yards barely larger than a typical tripple at most tracks. This step up is way bigger than a typical tripple.

I have no doubt it is. I didn't measure it myself but the family that built/operates the track aren't that type of people. They would much rather do it than say they did. Aside from that...the physics of it says a lot. 450r, top of 5th, pinned.... Unless the jump face is straight up, it's going to go a long damn ways. Toward the end of the video it goes to a side view of Danny going up the jump face and you get an idea of how fast he's moving. 75-85mph.... Less than 100ft. doesn't even make any sense.

Next time im out there I'll see what they can come up with for proof.

How? Not starting a top speed debate, this is getting a lil retarded. 80 is a gimmie on properly running 450, nevermind with that downhill.

If you gear it correctly for top speed, maybe. But any MX bike out there isn't going to do 80. I'd say he's hitting it more in the 50 range. 80 is much faster than you think.

This jump is 200ft, no ifs, ands or buts about it. We put a measuring tape on it.there is a marker on the landing marking the 200ft mark, which is right on the sweet spot of the jump. It's 135 just to get on top. If you don't believe it, come out and I will personally show you myself. As far as speed, I don't know how fast I was going, but I do know that it was everything I could get my 450 to do. I've never in my life hit a jump face that fast before. It's the craziest and scariest thing I have ever jumped on a motorcycle. The jump is just sick, but very safe for what it is its a sight to see no doubt.

Edited by DDunn71
  • Like 1

We measured it correctly. If you don't believe me, come see for yourself. I can't put it any plainer than that. I'm not going to debate on it be cause the fact is that this jump is 200ft long. I can't help that you all seem to think you're good enough at judging distance that you can tell how big a jump is through your computer screen.

We measured it correctly. If you don't believe me, come see for yourself. I can't put it any plainer than that. I'm not going to debate on it be cause the fact is that this jump is 200ft long. I can't help that you all seem to think you're good enough at judging distance that you can tell how big a jump is through your computer screen.

Not at all Mr Dunn, I'm just always the skeptic. Being my background in surveying, I see the distance being measured in 2 ways. Unless you were holding approx a 40ft poll at the take off and another 20ft at poll at the landing, and pulling a tape across such as I beautifully illustrated in drawing 1, your measurement won't be accurate. Being the skeptic I very much doubt you did this....

My awesome drawing....

20141121_144411_zpsnvequhzw.jpg

But comparatively, this is 165ft and it looks considerably longer. So someone is not correct...

This is 150ft at TCs house...

😏