2007 KLX 450R Fuel Screw Setting and...

2ish turns, get a RD remote fuel screw.  Most KX 450 parts of the 06-08 variety fit.  Exhaust is another topic, check the rest of the forum.  What mods have been done to it?  Stock trim not too impressive, it does not take too much to wake it up.  do some jetting, AIS removal and snorkel removal, exhaust upgrade and you will be much happier.  Welcome to the KLX mod club!

• Like 1

Thank you crazy Al! It's actually a fixer upper that fell in my lap. You seem very wise. I noticed the 2007 doesn't come up in many of the search boxes on popular parts places. You mentioned that many KX 450 parts cross over?. That helps.

Heres some general info on the carburetor...
From what I understand Kawasaki left the klx450 unchanged throughout all the years of production (mineor graphic or plastic colour changes only).
As mentioned above it was based on the 07/08 kx450f so a lot of parts are interchangeable (but there's a few that are not as well).
fuel screw.JPG

Thank you crazy Al! It's actually a fixer upper that fell in my lap. You seem very wise. I noticed the 2007 doesn't come up in many of the search boxes on popular parts places. You mentioned that many KX 450 parts cross over?. That helps.

I am not an expert on the KLX450R, but to my understanding they were only sold as 2008 and 2009 models.  This would be why you cant find parts.  You sure it is a 2007?  Might have been sold in 2007, but it surely is a 2008 model.