DRZ400S SM Wheel Compatability

I have been looking to get supermoto wheels for my 06 DRZ400s for a while now so I feel like I have done enough research to know what is a good deal and what should be able to fit on my bike.  From what I understand, all DRZ400SM wheels should be able to fit on my DRZ400s with a couple tweaks like spacers and rake caliper adjustment.  Now that I am finally ready to buy, I am noticing that a lot of the listings (on eBay at least) specifically state that they are for the SM model only which has me second guessing myself.

So ultimately my question is, would these examples of SM wheels fit my S?

17"

Are the 21" and 18" wheels compatible?

Thanks for the help! 

Says SM only because it doesn't come with a front caliper re-locator and rear rotor is SM size. FYI Most aftermarket wheels do not accommodate the Speedo drive. Look for a set of OEM used for $600-$800 and transfer your rotors over that's the cheapest route

I have seen a few aftermarket wheels that claim they work with the speedo, but after looking for a while now, I have not found many OEM SM wheels for sale.  Are they somewhat hard to come by?

I have seen a few aftermarket wheels that claim they work with the speedo, but after looking for a while now, I have not found many OEM SM wheels for sale.  Are they somewhat hard to come by?

I just recently converted me S to SM happy with the resluts,  i used all OEM stuff,  thats what i wanted and waited till i found something,    keep searching on Craigslist,   here theres either nothing for weeks,  or all of the sudden you see 3 different sets for sale. 

plasti dip rims2.jpg

I just recently converted me S to SM happy with the resluts,  i used all OEM stuff,  thats what i wanted and waited till i found something,    keep searching on Craigslist,   here theres either nothing for weeks,  or all of the sudden you see 3 different sets for sale. 

That is one good looking bike.  How do you like that mirror? Does it actually work well or is it just to keep you legal?  😉

That is one good looking bike.  How do you like that mirror? Does it actually work well or is it just to keep you legal?  😉

The mirrors work great,  they work like blind side mirrors,  do not vibrate and show whats behind me,   the stockers show your biceps...  

Only thing about these mirrors is you can see like 10 car lenghts behind you,  more like 2-3 which is enough IMO. 

Find a oem sm setup and be done with it ,email this guy for relocation bracket for the front caliper yamahamer1969@gmail.com if you want to use the 310mm, get the sm chain guide,kickstand,sm speedo drive and reuse the rear s rotor and your done (dont buy a a/m they have fitment issue and oem speedo drive doesnt work)

I was lucky to find a local guy that blow his top and and decided to part his bike out

Here my s to sm

A43D9B22-313D-4A87-933C-49B2E3EC84FD.jpg

• Like 2

Find a oem sm setup and be done with it ,email this guy for relocation bracket for the front caliper yamahamer1969@gmail.com if you want to use the 310mm, get the sm chain guide,kickstand,sm speedo drive and reuse the rear s rotor and your done (dont buy a a/m they have fitment issue and oem speedo drive doesnt work)

Thanks for the tips!  I feel like I've got a good grip on what I'll need to do now.

Do you all have a favorite tire you've used?