2000 DRZ 400e Big Bore + Stroker Kit Jetting

Hi, I have just recently installed a Cylinder Works 434 big bore kit and a Hot Rods +4mm stroker kit to my 2000 DRZ400e.

I have the FCR 39 carb, A yoshimura exhaust, and a K&N air filter.

I live in florida so the  weather is about 75 degrees average and almost always humid.

I recently purchased the JD jet kit and wanted to install it but im not sure which main jet or needle to try first.

Can someone please reccomend a good starting setup and/or explain how to get my jetting correct?

If it helps, the JD jet kit comes with, Main Jet (165, 162, 160, 155), Pilot Jet (45), Blue Needle (Low Altitude/Cool temp), Red Needle (High altitude/high temp), and a needle clip.

Thanks, Chris

I'll assume a stock E carb.

A big bore typically reuires slightly leaner jetting due to the 'deeper breath' a larger bore makes.

Red needle, clip 3

155 main

45 pilot, fine adjsut the fuel screw for a hot engine, perfect smooth idle

Thanks for the quick response! I have the FCR 39mm carb. I believe its aftermarket.

Thanks, Chris

I can send more pics if you need them

No need, I was curious, mostly in case of problems. You'd be amazed at the number of guys wanting a FCR on their DRZ, telling us it is 'new' or this or that and it turns out to be a twice worn out paperweight with all kinds of defects. You cannot jet defects.

You should make note of what the slow air jet (left) and main air jet (right) is in the carb bell.

Does it still have an ACV (spider web maze of vacuum tubes) on the side or is it capped off preveiously?

No need, I was curious, mostly in case of problems. You'd be amazed at the number of guys wanting a FCR on their DRZ, telling us it is 'new' or this or that and it turns out to be a twice worn out paperweight with all kinds of defects. You cannot jet defects.

You should make note of what the slow air jet (left) and main air jet (right) is in the carb bell.

Does it still have an ACV (spider web maze of vacuum tubes) on the side or is it capped off preveiously?

Yeah It has 5 Vacuum lines running out of the carb. Not counting the tubes I detatched when I removed the carb from the motorcycle.

Any reccomendation on a starting setup?

I can pull it apart and tell you what was in it previously if you need me to

If the carb is all stock, then the jetting I gave at the beginning is right.

FYI, it is always good when you take something off/apart to note its' settings(jets). If you ever have to, you can refer to your notes to see what you changed. This is important esp. with a carb.

ok awesome. I will try it later this week and let you know how it goes!

• 1 year later...

I have a 2015 drz400s with a 3x3 air box mod, fmf power core 4 pipe, fmf power bomb header, and I'm at 6000 ft above sea level. What is the stock main jet size and what main jet size should I go to for my elevation with those mods?

I figured some of you guys on here would have an idea.

If you order a JD jet kit it comes with all the sizes of jets needles and starter jet and tells you what jets to use at certain elevations. You could also just order the jets and needle you need for less but if you plan on doing any other mods its nice to have the other sizes.

There's tons of better posts about this if you run a search.

I have a 2015 drz400s with a 3x3 air box mod, fmf power core 4 pipe, fmf power bomb header, and I'm at 6000 ft above sea level. What is the stock main jet size and what main jet size should I go to for my elevation with those mods?

I figured some of you guys on here would have an idea.

James Dean jet kit

Kientech extended fuel screw for your carb

I assume it is stock so the onee for the Mikuni