2001 CR125 Problem

I have a 2001 cr125 with a 38mm PWK airstriker on it. It has been amazing and trouble free. I moved from michigan to california and rejetted. It has been fine, but i noticed recently a mid range stutter. I was riding my buddys 450 and he was on my 125 and i happened to capture the noise on my gopro.

I wanted to get some opinions on what you would call this noise and if it indicates a lean or rich condition or if this has to do with the ignition. It only happens sometimes when you hold the throttle steady in the mid range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ko1WrWCMfM

I would check in the CDI/stator area ....sounds like something is starting to go.

It doesn't sound like a jetting issue to me because it sounds like its cutting out/losing spark

Thanks, any idea how I can troubleshoot? I'm really not familiar with the electrical components of the bike. The only tool I have access to is a multimeter, would i need something else?

I would first start by checking the entire harness for damaged wires.

then clean up any and all grounding points.

the manual should give readings and info on how to test if coil stator and such are still working properly.

Thanks for the advice, i'll check all wires and then follow up with the manual.

Thanks, any idea how I can troubleshoot? I'm really not familiar with the electrical components of the bike. The only tool I have access to is a multimeter, would i need something else?

Really I don't....I hate electrical stuff so I would just start replacing parts lol...  You can start by checking the timing to make sure you are in the range that the service manual recommends. I would do that after you check all your wires.  

Have you pulled the cover off yet?  Does anything look rusted or corroded?

My 125 has done that for years and most of the other two strokes Ive ridden. Maybe I am and idiot but I feel like the high revving two strokes dont like to be held right before the powerband up top. Either off or on. You will be accelerating smoothly then if you stop right before the power and hold it, stutters. Mine does this then when you full throttle its clean up into the power and Im positive my electrical system is in order. But who knows like I said maybe Im a wrong.

Edited by C-R-M

insured?

The one time I didn't insure since it was going less than an hour away...

However...I went in and complained (politely, of course) yesterday and checked my tracking today and the package was magically delivered somehow!! Never again usps!

Of course more fish to fry. After I took the bike apart to rebuild it the steering froze up. I'm out of budget so I'm hoping I can clean and grease the bearings and squeeze a few more rides out of it Til I have money to replace them. We'll see just how bad they are when I take apart the triple clamps tonight.