I am 14 years old and looking for a new bike. I am 5,8 and 160lbs. Right now I ride a crf230 but I also have a kdx200. I have been wanting a race bike for a while now and was wondering what to get. I mostly ride trails on the weekends but am looking to race twice per month. I am worried about the rebuild costs of a 250 4t but I like the smooth power of it. I was also wondering if a 125 2t would be enough power. The 250 2t may be too much but I figured I would just put it up as an option. I have been riding since I was 7 so I have the experience level for these bikes. I also am somewhat mechanically advanced so I know how to fix the bikes. Please give me some feedback on which bike would be best for woods riding and occasional racing. Thanks.

A good running 125 feels faster and is more fun than a 250f. Maybe the 250fs I've ridden weren't running good, but after getting off my 450 they felt slow. But my cr125 that I got in a trade feels fast. It will power wheelie without much effort. The 2012 kx250f I just rode wouldn't.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...