It's getting cold outside

Hi it's getting cold out, and I'm thinking of getting some heated riding gear most likely a liner to go under my jacket and pants I already have,any suggestions. I've been looking at the cynergy gear at motorcycle superstore but it kind of look like cheap crap thanks

I woke up to 38 this morning. But I'm in North Cali where it actually can get cold. Not really enough to warrent "cold gear" unless your near somewhere like Tahoe or even further North like Eureka.

Eureka is on the coast,  It doesn't get cold there most of the time.

It was 36 yesterday when I rode my motorcycle in to work.  I didn't even think about heated gear.  It's 43 right now and I won't be thinking about heated gear in a few minutes when I'm riding to work this morning either.  It's absolutely nice by noon when it's in the mid-60's.  And I'm thankful for that each time I read stuff from people in the frozen north. 😛

Rode yesterday in 38 degrees, slight chin chill but didn't quite need the face masque. I find wind proofing key to keeping the heat in a cold out. Next on my list is heated grips (along with a 200w stator) as the hands seem to get the coldest.

Edited by firsthere

Eureka is on the coast, It doesn't get cold there most of the time.

It was 36 yesterday when I rode my motorcycle in to work. I didn't even think about heated gear. It's 43 right now and I won't be thinking about heated gear in a few minutes when I'm riding to work this morning either. It's absolutely nice by noon when it's in the mid-60's. And I'm thankful for that each time I read stuff from people in the frozen north. 😛

True but its wet. And once wet while riding, your cold. At least I am.

warm and safe heated liner and gloves with remote. Heated grips with ATV mitts(Need bigger stator if you're running grips and jacket/gloves together or you may get stranded with a dead battery when you stop to get fuel.......I know this for sure.....ha.

Balaclava. 

one size larger boots for insulated socks and insulated jeans under riding suit.

Shinko 244s........ preferably with nuetec tubliss  to minimize getting stranded along the road for three hours in cold weather like this dummy did...... ha. The worst part is that that if you use heated gear, you aren't layered for cold weather so when you're standing out waiting  for help, you could be freezing your cajones off like happened to me. I had to leave my bike to get up to the mounaintop to get phone service. Should carry those little packages that hunters use for emergency warmth too.

add small windshield or welders mask to break the wind a bit. I ride winter often as long as  roads permit,  albeit sometimes you can get caught in the shit if you ride during winter mos.

Eureka is on the coast,  It doesn't get cold there most of the time.

It was 36 yesterday when I rode my motorcycle in to work.  I didn't even think about heated gear.  It's 43 right now and I won't be thinking about heated gear in a few minutes when I'm riding to work this morning either.  It's absolutely nice by noon when it's in the mid-60's.  And I'm thankful for that each time I read stuff from people in the frozen north. 😛

Yeah its damn right chilly in the desert where I am.  The ride into work isnt bad at 1300 but coming home at 2300 or even 0000 it gets pretty chilly.  Today is forecasted at 64 and tonight at 41.  I just double up and get my "winter helmet", as i call it, out.  Its big enough for me to put a hooded sweatshirt on and then the helmet 😛

I should state nor cal between San Fran and eureka . I went to the mendo national forest last weekend and froze the hole time my buddy had heated gloves and ridding suit and was complaining that he was to hot.so it got me thinking about x mas

California riders wear heated riding gear?  LOL!  What is it, 59 degrees out?

Here is what cold is.....waking up one saturday in february with the sun shining. Outside is a balmy -4f(-20c). But you dont care because your tired of looking at snow all around you and you got the  "bike fever". You roll the pig out and start her up. Heated grips..vests..Nah. All thats required is snowmobile pants, good goves, face mask and a few extra sweaters. You decide to make a run to the coffee shop which is 15 minuits away. You did good to make it there. On the way back the sun goes away and all you can say to yourself is " Holy f**k...its freezing out. What the hell is wrong with my head?"...thats real cold! :goofy: 

Here is what cold is.....waking up one saturday in february with the sun shining. Outside is a balmy -4f(-20c). But you dont care because your tired of looking at snow all around you and you got the "bike fever". You roll the pig out and start her up. Heated grips..vests..Nah. All thats required is snowmobile pants, good goves, face mask and a few extra sweaters. You decide to make a run to the coffee shop which is 15 minuits away. You did good to make it there. On the way back the sun goes away and all you can say to yourself is " Holy f**k...its freezing out. What the hell is wrong with my head?"...thats real cold! :goofy:

Cold is -62 degrees Fahrenheit with 40 mph winds and you are soaking wet working for 14 hours a day 2 weeks straight.

When you take your slicker suit off, it stands up by itself. That's what cold is

I choose not to ride under 30 anymore because I spend enough time in the cold!

California still has mountains and it gets below freezing at the high elevations...where I do ride in the winter...I have gerbing heated glove liners and jacket liner and wrap around grip heaters, I also upgraded my stator and R/R.

you might be surprised how nice it is to use the heated gear even when it's not "freezing" outside, I have variable heat adjustment on both liners so you can turn them down low to make it nice and comfy.

Cold...

is when you walk the line checking your sentry troops who are bored, largely immobile and cold. To ease boredom they chew and spit tobacco. In front of each, you notice a 5,6 inch high frozen pile of spit that freezes as soon as it hits..sometimes in the dark people trip over these spit balls..

Riding with electric gear to compensate? Never, too unsafe if broke down away from helpful help.