Hare scramble/hard enduro in Alberta?

If you want a serious challenge, the Shale Shaker and Crowsnest XC rounds of the CMRC series will give you what you are looking for. Hope you don't mind a few mangled parts on your ride. :D

The Marble Mountain XC put on by the Second Gear Club this past Fall was amazing. You had to sign up as an 'A' rider to ride the full course, but it was worth it. The hill climb sections were endless. Perfect blend of ass kicking challenges mixed with sections that allowed you to get your breath back.

I will say right now that the KLX300R is not the best choice for racing. How do I know? I raced mine at three rounds in the CMRC this year when my GasGas was down and out. While it performed better than it should have at the season opener EX and following XC, it was a struggle in the sand up in Fort Assiniboine. Drop the machine a few times and it sucks the energy out of you in a hurry.

If you want to race the KLX, I would suggest racing in the Novice division in the CMA through the Second Gear Club. They have excellent course layout for first time racers. Another good race for beginners is the Porcupine Hills XC on May long weekend. If you enter in the Beginner division you get to do the second loop only, which is about 50km long. It flows well and was a blast on my KLX.

If you have any questions on set up for your machine, I have quite a bit of experience with the KLX. Always more than happy to help.

Ya its not light by any means. And mine dosent do well in the either the place I ride is mostly sand so the back tire spends most of its time beside rather than behind me.

I noticed that the rear shock is adjustable but not sure if the front forks are. My bike is a 97, so if you know anything about adjusting the set up on that year let me know.

Also any of you race moose mountain?

I didn't race Moose Mountain, but the Dirty Moose is in the same area and I have raced it for the past three years. This year was the first time I finished. Timed out the first year and punched a hole in my radiator last year. This year was awesome.

Moose Mountain is a CMA race put on by the SGC. They switched from a harescramble to a cross country race this year. I know some people that raced it and they loved it.