Orange County Motocross Track!

I'm so sick of all the treehuggers in OC that won't let us build a track. There used to be constant rumors of people trying to open tracks but now it seems like people aren't even bothering anymore. Is there any plans or rumors for any new OC tracks to be built? We wouldn't be riding illegally here in OC if we actually had some where to ride. So sick of this BS!!

I'm so sick of all the treehuggers in OC that won't let us build a track. There used to be constant rumors of people trying to open tracks but now it seems like people aren't even bothering anymore. Is there any plans or rumors for any new OC tracks to be built? We wouldn't be riding illegally here in OC if we actually had some where to ride. So sick of this BS!!

You could always move to another county.

Interesting rant. I see you typed "we" & "us"... Can you tell me about your endeavors to open a track? Seems like an OC track could be a viable investment.

It's a huge business gamble.  Anyone remember the track they were putting in Burbank, by the driving range?  The guy invested close to a million.  Had all the licenses, permits, epa study, had the track built, had sound testing days that went off without a hitch.  Then nearby residents got wind and complained.  He could have gone ahead and opened but wanted to do it right so waited .  The end result was some judge (lawyer with a robe) out of Norwalk court, put a stop to it.  He lost a lot ....

Yeah they tried to put in a track by Irvine lake (by the old saddleback?) aboot 14 years ago........lasted a week i think....permit issues.

The old El Toro MCAS would have been a perfect spot for one.

The one inside Irvine Lake lasted a bit until they needed to raise the level of the lake again. It was to the West side of the lake, along Santiago Rd.