Xr200r drum brake disconnection

Hello,

I have an xr200r. It is my first bike and unfortunately I have punctured the front tire somehow. I have searched many different threads on how to change a tire which have been very helpful. The problem is no matter what I do I cannot disconnect the cable from the drum brake. Nothing is rusty or stuck I just can't figure out how. Any suggestion?

So, I punctured the front tire on the trusty ol' xr. As I set about my quest to replace the tube, I quickly ran into trouble removing the tire from the actual bike. Upon bending a few cables and punching some stuff I successfully removed the tire. I then set about removing the dreaded peace of rubber from the rim. Me and the tire then became entangled in an epic battle that lasted most of the afternoon. Upon slaying the beast, I removed the offending tube and took the rubber off the rim. While thus employed preparing the next tube I failed to realize the tires malicious intent. I then mustered my courage and began the fight once again. Trying to place the rubber back on the rim. By the time I stood triumphant over the now complete tire it was dark outside. I then began the preparation to put the tire back on the bike. But my weariness overcame me and I crawled back in side to rest and nurture my wounds. But I did not sleep that night for it occurred to me that my tires were asymmetrical volcano urn directional tires! Fear overcame wondering if the days fighting was in vain. Upon daybreak I ran from the warmth of my bed to the garage where my enemy lurked. Only then did I notice the evil little arrow sneering at me from its hidden position. It's wereabouts during this whole process I know not. But what I do know is that the vicious little arrow was pointing the wrong way!!!! I have now engulfed myself in study to decide if I actually need to waste another day reversing the asymmetrical rubber. The only information I could find was a split vote on the subject at best. Any help for a fellow rider?

This afternoon I decided that if I was truly to become the master of my own destiny I must right the wrongs committed by this tire. So, in a burst of valor I began the battle of removing the rubber. The tire, for its part, saw that defeat was eminent so as a final act of defiance it thrust itself between my tire iron and the rim, thoroughly puncturing itself. I died. I now have no more tubes. I, however immediately began lifesaving cpr by plugging the hole with two part epoxy. After 30 min I filled the tire to ten psi and it held!! Who thinks it will stay that way if I put it in the tire?