FX450 Chain guide question

While fitting a 54T rear sprocket on my 2010 FX450 (52 is stock)I determined that the lower chain guide will not clear the chain, even on the "lowest" of the 2 bolt holes on the unit. Anybody have a fix or alternative idea? I wouldn't have guessed adding 2 teeth to the rear would have caused a clearance issue. thanks!

While fitting a 54T rear sprocket on my 2010 FX450 (52 is stock)I determined that the lower chain guide will not clear the chain, even on the "lowest" of the 2 bolt holes on the unit. Anybody have a fix or alternative idea? I wouldn't have guessed adding 2 teeth to the rear would have caused a clearance issue. thanks!

Well, is anyone running a 12 tooth front sprocket on the slant motor? It looks really tight up there but a 13T is stock.

12 is no problem. Still trying to figure out the chain guide issue. First I have heard that one. Perhaps an after market chain guide but I would talk to them first to make sure it would work.

You looking for even more low end grunt than the stock gearing?

I guess I felt the stock FX gearbox was overall too tall for the kind of riding I'm doing (tight/technical woods).....I liked the ratios of the wide ratio box in my FE390 and want to get closer to that feel.....will try the 12T and see how that feels THX!