Serious question

I know this is over asked and understand that a lot depends on local market. I also know people get sick of seeing it but I would like some honest opinions. 

What would your asking price be if YOU were going to sell my bike? 2012 RMZ 450 bought as a left over a little more than a year ago with only 36 hours on it as it sits. I will admit that it is not "perfect" but it is probably one of the cleanest 12's you will find anywhere. Some of you know the amount of money and work I have put into it so it pains me to that I am even considering it considering I will never get what I have into it back out of it but my family is in a tough spot so I may need to sell it, however I refuse to give it away. It is paid off so I don't mind keeping it unless I absolutely HAVE to sell it, but I figure I should be prepared. 👎  😢

For those of you not familiar, here are a few pics to show condition. 

DSCN1008_zpsd99c1267.jpg

DSCN0691_zps6b903223.jpg

DSCN0690_zpsab4eb5c0.jpg

DSCN0688_zps1d9c09d9.jpg

I know this is over asked and understand that a lot depends on local market. I also know people get sick of seeing it but I would like some honest opinions.

What would your asking price be if YOU were going to sell my bike? 2012 RMZ 450 bought as a left over a little over a year ago with only 36 hours on it as it sits. I will admit that it is not "perfect" but it is probably one of the cleanest, if not the cleanest 12's you will find anywhere. Some of you know the amount of money and work I have put into it so it pains me to that I am even considering it considering I will never get what I have into it back out of it but my family is in a tough spot so I may need to sell it, however I refuse to give it away. It is paid off so I don't mind keeping it unless I absolutely HAVE to sell it, but I figure I should be prepared.👎😢

For those of you not familiar, here are a few pics to show condition.
DSCN1008_zpsd99c1267.jpg
DSCN0691_zps6b903223.jpg
DSCN0690_zpsab4eb5c0.jpg
DSCN0688_zps1d9c09d9.jpg

Right now, you can get a brand new 2014 RMZ450 straight from the dealers for around $5500-5800 OTD including tax and fees, so its going to be tough to get a reasonable amount for any used rmz.

People think all the bolt ons add to the value of the bike, but I think this is wrong unless you are lucky and can find the right buyer at the right time and price.  If you were to sell, I would recommend putting all the stock parts back on, wait until you've sold the bike and then sell those parts off or keep them to put on the new bike.

I got a decent discount when I bought my new 2009 when the new 2011s were out, but I really regret it now I want to sell my bike, even though its in really great shape.

good luck, and I hope everything works out for you and your family....moto will still be there once you get things straightened out.

I've had my 2012 listed for about two months locally and about 2 weeks on Craigslist with ZERO nibbles other than one scammer. It's squeaky clean with RG3 suspension and new tires and I have every oil change logged. It has 77 hours on it. I started at $5k and am presently at $4500 OBO and not one nibble. I'm in the Southeast, so I'm kind of shocked I haven't had someone buy it or at least try to negotiate.

I had a buddy sell his similarly conditioned 2012 KXF450 the other day for $3800. I'm hoping tax season brings some luck. If not, I'll just keep it for a practice/mud/woods bike and save some wear on my 14. I'll keep it before letting it go for $3k.

I hope you don't have to sell. It's not a great market out there from what I'm seeing. Around here, it's easier to sell a 250f than a 450, even though they're more apt to be blown up. Hope you guys pull through!

Here in the Baltimore/central MD area I haven't seen one for more than 5000. That's a "14" with all the cosmetic goodies and maybe a remap. In MD, and WVA the prices for brand new rmz450's seem to hover around $5799-$6299. There was even a "13"left over at local shop here in Baltimore for $4999 few months ago. As for the condition of your (sweet)bike $4000 or $3500 for quick sale

The week after The15's came out I sold my 12 which was apx 90% as nice as yours.

I asked $3750.00 after 2 days on CL  sold for $3600.00..   It is worth it to me to just dump

it & move on.  I suppose  I could of stuck it out for more.  But the Hassel of  dealing with selling is worth a $500.00 + hit.

My opinion  RMZ resale is the among the worst .  So I got the 15 anyway . I'm positive when the 16

comes out

I will smoked on resale..

12 rmz 450 001.jpg

I hate having to sell a bike but it seems that as soon as I get it where it's perfect for me, I sell it and start over. Haha, that's part of my disease as a wrencher I guess. Any way, that bike is sick and hopefully it works out so you can keep her a while longer.

• Like 2

I almost had mine sold for 6k this year. The guy backed out and bought a new KTM. Just after that a guy offered 5k and I passed. I wanted to sell it for 6 but I like the bike too much to just get rid of it. I know now if I could get 4500 I'd be jacked. I think the bike is worth more to me than on paper. I hope you don't have to sell it but like everyone said MX will always be there.

I will second what mike said about the bling and performance stuff. Slap on that crisp stock clutch cover and people will want it. Oh and if u do part out some take offs let me know lol.

• Like 1

I almost had mine sold for 6k this year. The guy backed out and bought a new KTM. Just after that a guy offered 5k and I passed. I wanted to sell it for 6 but I like the bike too much to just get rid of it. I know now if I could get 4500 I'd be jacked. I think the bike is worth more to me than on paper. I hope you don't have to sell it but like everyone said MX will always be there.

I will second what mike said about the bling and performance stuff. Slap on that crisp stock clutch cover and people will want it. Oh and if u do part out some take offs let me know lol.

Well I don't have to sell it at the moment. I stumbled across some money so things ended up being ok for the time being. The bike is deg worth way more to me than it is on paper and fully understood that I was going to take a hit when I asked the question. I just wanted to know what a realistic # was. So you can imagine how excited I was when I learned that I did not have to sell just yet.