Look out for the ends of those stock shifters

they can be a bit sharper than you expect

and not on the side you think either

tumblr_neratzL41X1qzhnnwo1_1280.jpg

Went down, shifter landed on my boot, and punched a perfect hole clean through the side of my tech 3's. I was really lucky and it went between the bottom of the foot and the sole of the boot. Hate to think what would happen if it had been an inch higher. 

Pretty ridiculous right?

Considering getting an MSR shifter to make sure this doesnt happen again, they look a little less hole punch-y

• Like 1

Wow! Right behind the ball of your foot at the arch. Compared photo with my Tech 3's. Try the MSR especially if you have bigger feet. The reach is longer.

Didn't you just break your foot or something recently? Might want to dial it back a bit.🤣

Edited by pumptrack
  • Like 1

Wow! Right behind the ball of your foot at the arch. Compared photo with my Tech 3's. Try the MSR especially if you have bigger feet. The reach is longer.

Didn't you just break your foot or something recently? Might want to dial it back a bit.🤣

This was on my first dirt trip since i broke my other foot, i was laughing my ass off when i fell because i was thinking "oh of course, i messed up my other foot now"

Crashing means I'm trying? Maybe?

• Like 2

This was on my first dirt trip since i broke my other foot, i was laughing my ass off when i fell because i was thinking "oh of course, i messed up my other foot now"

You'll never bail if you're not pushing it. It just gets harder the older you become. Responsibilities...

You're from the Fresno area right? Do you ride near Bass Lake?

That just means you like to push it while having fun! Did you try to catch yourself or pretty much it just landed on your foot?? Scary thought about the shifter cuz we get good boots to protect out feet from injuries n this happens.
  • Like 1

That just means you like to push it while having fun! Did you try to catch yourself or pretty much it just landed on your foot?? Scary thought about the shifter cuz we get good boots to protect out feet from injuries n this happens.

I didnt try to catch myself, just fell over (came around the corner and a dude was in the middle of the trail) and my foot slipped forward apparently

• Like 1