Hallelujah! Got the fcr39 jetted spot on...

Fitted older style 39fcr from an E model to my 2004 S.

Also fitted FMF powercore 4 tailpipe and powerbomb header, done the airbox mod,

Main jet 160

Pilot jet 45

Pilot air 100

EMN needle clip 4

Stop removed from ap diaphragm

Not bothered doing wire mod.

2 turns on mixture screw. (standard mixture screw)

Sea level 10-15 degrees ambient temp.

15/40 sprockets

She rips... And sits at 70 mph quite easily.

Thought I would put it up to help anyone with the ever occurring problem. And confirm this set up does indeed work. My bike has only covered 1500 miles so the engine is nice and fresh. No surging and minimal popping on overrun.

• Like 3

Fitted older style 39fcr from an E model to my 2004 S.

Also fitted FMF powercore 4 tailpipe and powerbomb header, done the airbox mod,

Main jet 160

Pilot jet 45

Pilot air 100

EMN needle clip 4

Stop removed from ap diaphragm

Not bothered doing wire mod.

2 turns on mixture screw. (standard mixture screw)

Sea level 10-15 degrees ambient temp.

15/40 sprockets

She rips... And sits at 70 mph quite easily.

Thought I would put it up to help anyone with the ever occurring problem. And confirm this set up does indeed work. My bike has only covered 1500 miles so the engine is nice and fresh. No surging and minimal popping on overrun.

My set-up on my 2002 S is practically identical, couldn't be happier !   👍  👍

• Like 1

I too love the FCR,   its instant bolt on HP,  i know its pricy,  but it costs that much cause it works and its worth it,  i still remember me first ride with it on, (and me stock mikuni was jetted perfectly and ran strong),   the difference between the FCR and the MIKUNI,  is with the mikuni,  if you wot it,  its starts going,  gets faster and faster and gets there,  but it takes time,   with the FCR,  you twist it,  and it just GOES,  basically it pulls much stronger,  and gets up to speed much quicker,    i have hot cams and a full MRD,  FCR,  ,  and if im doing 70mph and WOT it,  it gets into the 90's really fast now which is nice. 

• Like 3

What other jetting did you try before you decided it was "spot on"?

Just saying unless you have dyno runs or something you don't really know if it's "perfect".

My bike ran very well with almost that same exact jetting, but it runs better now that I played with the jetting.

What other jetting did you try before you decided it was "spot on"?

Just saying unless you have dyno runs or something you don't really know if it's "perfect".

My bike ran very well with almost that same exact jetting, but it runs better now that I played with the jetting.

Do you mind sharing your jetting specs?

i hate all of yall have a fcr , all this threads about it make me wanna just order a new one from tt and be done with but my cheap butt still telling me to wait a little bit for some good used fcr

I bought mine on here used for half the price of new,  it was a 2 month old TT kit FCR MX-39,  guy took off all the upgrades cause he upgraded to a KTM690 Enduro R. 

Deals do come up. 

• Like 1

I've done my time OhioYJ I've tried 42/45/48 pilot jets 155/160/162/165 main jets various needles..

I have also dynod it as I work at a multi franchise dealership, that also incorporates Gtperformance, where we build Nsr 500 v's and rebuild many race rare bloody expensive 2 and four strokes. Attached a few pics of what we get in, the VFR400 is my other toy..

1416559792801.jpg

1416559841177.jpg

1416559884399.jpg

1416559957595.jpg

• Like 2

I've done my time OhioYJ I've tried 42/45/48 pilot jets 155/160/162/165 main jets various needles..

I have also dynod it as I work at a multi franchise dealership, that also incorporates Gtperformance, where we build Nsr 500 v's and rebuild many race rare bloody expensive 2 and four strokes. Attached a few pics of what we get in, the VFR400 is my other toy..

Glad to hear. Too many of these posts are just someone who tried whatever was recommended, and it runs good, so they assume that means it's perfect. Every bike is different, if you really want it perfect you must take some time experimenting.

That VFR is nice. Quite a sexy bike.

My other 2-wheeled toy isn't quite as "exotic", but it's still fun:

odclear6.jpg

• Like 1

im in Vancouver. Have you done the 3x3 mod? I'm assuming your running the stock pipe. If you have done the 3x3 mod and running the stock pipe I would try a 150 mj at your altitude. The fcrmx comes with a 160 mj

Hey Mikey thanks for the recommendation i will order one up. What about the pj and needle?

I do have the 3x3 done aswell as a K and N high air flow air filter.

My MRD SSW full system is coming soon.

Do you ride through the winter? Got any good spots or shop you suggest?

Hey Mikey thanks for the recommendation i will order one up. What about the pj and needle?

I do have the 3x3 done aswell as a K and N high air flow air filter.

My MRD SSW full system is coming soon.

Do you ride through the winter? Got any good spots or shop you suggest?

pj and needle should be fine.i do ride thru the winter but only when it's not raining lol.a good shop for your drz would be the Suzuki shop in vancouver( modern) Edited by mickeydee

I too love the FCR, its instant bolt on HP, i know its pricy, but it costs that much cause it works and its worth it, i still remember me first ride with it on, (and me stock mikuni was jetted perfectly and ran strong), the difference between the FCR and the MIKUNI, is with the mikuni, if you wot it, its starts going, gets faster and faster and gets there, but it takes time, with the FCR, you twist it, and it just GOES, basically it pulls much stronger, and gets up to speed much quicker, i have hot cams and a full MRD, FCR, , and if im doing 70mph and WOT it, it gets into the 90's really fast now which is nice.

In sm gear running 16-39 gearing, during a little fit of road rage it went from 70-103 a little faster than I wanted. Fcr picks up the top and bottom the bsr misses.

Fcr worth it not primarily for hp, buy for quality of ride experience imho

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of an update, I got her back on the dyno after a few weeks of riding I found the pilot air jet to be too big. I've replaced it with an adjustable one and set it to equivalent of a 75 rather than the 100 paj that was in the carb when I got it. The bike is way better no decel pop at all, and absolutely no surging. The dyno doesn't show surging like a real road test. Adj paj available from frankmxparts in Holland.

• Like 1

Bit of an update, I got her back on the dyno after a few weeks of riding I found the pilot air jet to be too big. I've replaced it with an adjustable one and set it to equivalent of a 75 rather than the 100 paj that was in the carb when I got it. The bike is way better no decel pop at all, and absolutely no surging. The dyno doesn't show surging like a real road test. Adj paj available from frankmxparts in Holland.

The adjustable PAJ is available from Suduco here in the US, for those of us on the this side of the pond.

I'm on a 38 Pilot Jet, and 1/2 turn on Pilot Air Jet

did you ever  tested the AFR of your pilot circuit on the dyno?  in that area setup recommended by Eddie is rich. your setup should be even worse, you have a small pilot air jet instead of a removed pilot air jet.....

Edited by 30x26